Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    But he doesn`t want to hang Ogier as an example, but only Tänak and measures speed and angle and threat to bystanders through videos.
    Yesterday I was only aware of the original Tänak video. And right now today I still believe it's by far the worst example of road driving of the lot that we have here so far from 2018 Monte Carlo Rally. Change Ogier with Tänak in the original video and I wouldn't change my opinion one iota. The second video makes Tänak look worse to me simply because it's two out of two road driving videos I have seen of him from this rally now where he seems to pay no regard to road traffic rules. By the way you also have the same freedom as me to contact FIA or anyone else yourself if you want.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    But didn`t you see Ogier dangerously overtaking a bus? It was in the same video, but still, 2 different situations. And using his phone in wrc live? Thats 3 different situations. 2<3...put it in your report with all others and atleast you are being honest/fair.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 1st February 2018 at 12:04.

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    30 pages and counting...

4. Likes: pantealex (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    But didn`t you see Ogier making a dangerous overtake from a bus? It was in the same video, but still, 2 different situations. And using his phone in wrc live? Thats 3 different situations. 2<3...
    I honestly feel making headlines about the incidents you mentioned would be over reaction. The only one even worth considering is the excessive, but very slow speed sliding, if it was intentional that is, because we can't even tell that from the video. Like I said, maybe Ogier is smart enough to stop playing around when he sees someone filming, who knows.

What we can tell though clearly from the videos is that Tänak is carrying considerable speed, throwing his car into the corners and doing powerslides on public roads, there is no dispute about that. And like I said earlier, the only way to give an honest comparison between everyone's road driving would be to have access and analyse everyone's onboards from liaisons. From the very little we have seen so far, Tänak's driving has been the worst and most damaging for rallying in my eyes. With this message I want to conclude myself from going in circles about the severity and comparison between Ogier's and Tänak's driving, we agree to disagree.

Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    Yesterday I was only aware of the original Tänak video. And right now today I still believe it's by far the worst example of road driving of the lot that we have here so far from 2018 Monte Carlo Rally. Change Ogier with Tänak in the original video and I wouldn't change my opinion one iota. The second video makes Tänak look worse to me simply because it's two out of two road driving videos I have seen of him from this rally now where he seems to pay no regard to road traffic rules. By the way you also have the same freedom as me to contact FIA or anyone else yourself if you want.
    maybe one bitcoin would make you report Ogier and others also?

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Just admit it, you're a f*ing hypocrite.

1997 (!!!) Redelmeier and Tibshirani study showed that the risk of collision while using mobile phone was 4 TIMES higher than when mobile phone was not in use. And the phones back in 1997 demanded lot less attention than the ones we have today, so that number might be even higher today. Using mobile phones while driving is clearly illegal under French jurisdiction. Ogier was using phone on the road section, and as you can read from the above, it's neither safe or legal, yet you choose to completely ignore it because you're "a bit of a fan". Ogier and Mikkelsen were caught on tape drifting on the road section just like Tänak, but you choose to ignore it, because their drifts seem "more safe" to you. Can't you see any logical flaws in here?

PS. If you really want to promote safety, start with complaining to FIA about champagne on the podium. What message does it give if drivers drink champagne after the powerstage, but have to drive back to service after that? Even if it's one sip or non-alcoholic champagne, that's what I'd call giving a bad example.

Edit: the post below is even better one to quote for this reply. Please, explain us, how is doing something that is clearly illegal and also dangerous, less damaging than Tänak's driving style? And do you really think that random granny will think that "oh, Ogier's drift is nothing bad, he's driving slowly, so it's all good"? For general public, they both give EXACTLY the same damaging view.

I honestly feel making headlines about the incidents you mentioned would be over reaction. The only one even worth considering is the excessive, but very slow speed sliding, if it was intentional that is, because we can't even tell that from the video. Like I said, maybe Ogier is smart enough to stop playing around when he sees someone filming, who knows.

What we can tell though clearly from the videos is that Tänak is carrying considerable speed, throwing his car into the corners and doing powerslides on public roads, there is no dispute about that. And like I said earlier, the only way to give an honest comparison between everyone's road driving would be to have access and analyse everyone's onboards from liaisons. From the very little we have seen so far, Tänak's driving has been the worst and most damaging for rallying in my eyes. With this message I want to conclude myself from going in circles about the severity and comparison between Ogier's and Tänak's driving, we agree to disagree.
    Last edited by RaunoK; 1st February 2018 at 12:28.

8. Likes: HenryEST (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaunoK View Post
    Just admit it, you're a f*ing hypocrite.
    PS. If you really want to promote safety, start with complaining to FIA about champagne on the podium. What message does it give if drivers drink champagne after the powerstage, but have to drive back to service after that? Even if it's one sip or non-alcoholic champagne, that's what I'd call giving a bad example.
    I actually completely agree with the champagne part, but that's for another topic and discussion altogether. Regarding comparisons between Ogier's and Tänak's incidents I have already said enough in the past 30 pages until something new surfaces.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Welcome aboard to all new Estonian forum members!
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

11. Likes: AnttiK7 (1st February 2018),Lead (1st February 2018),Rallyper (1st February 2018),salamaja (1st February 2018)
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Welcome aboard to all new Estonian forum members!
    I think you would get a lot of new finnish members too if the name on thread would be Latvala. Or belgians if it would be Neuville.

14. Likes: EstWRC (1st February 2018)