Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I definitely agree about the philosophical divide, but I don't agree that what I have been writing about here falls under that. Anyway we are talking about a WRC driver driving on a public road under road traffic rules. The other people on the road are not taking part in the rally or necessarily even know what rallying is. And 99 times out of 100 you are gonna be danger more to other people than to yourself when you drive a WRC car in road traffic, simply because you are relatively speaking sitting in a tank compared to the safety of a normal road car. And my foremost concern with this case is public image anyway rather than safety, but for some reason that gets twisted here a lot to something else, that is not my opinion anymore.
    My concern is that you just look into one "case". For example, Ogier did use the phone while driving, which is prohibited by laws, yet you still talk only and only about Tanak and setting an example about this little slide. You just look like you really don't care about others and talking about "danger" and "safety". There are tons of examples on youtube where most of the drivers do more dangerous manoeuvres than Tanak did right there.

In my opinion, you are not a real rally fan and just complaining about a pointless thing, yes he did slide there, I bet he was not the only one. The only dangerous thing in this corner was the parked car. Nothing more and please now, live with it.

2. Likes: Epik (31st January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Holy crap, I just looked the video and the biggest threat to drivers and human life is user AnttiK7 who is spending FIA officials time that can be otherwise used to improve road safety, spectator safety, and competitors safety. Please, get a life. Or do you want to take repsonibility of next unfortunate event to yourself.. you can always think that this might have been avoided if the officald would have had more time to tackle with real problems, not with your letter.

Please, consider this before senidng something to somewhere, always.
    As far as I understand you are working for Toyota's rally team so I'm not expecting a different reaction from you. But what I do expect are civilised messages and I would appreciate it if you would leave out any personal attacks. You don't know me at all and that type of postings on a public space I consider completely uncalled for. I am not attacking anyone personally on this thread, not even Mr. Tänak, something which I have already made clear a few times here. If you are happy to represent yourself working for Toyota here on this forum, then that type of postings are far worse publicity for them than the case we are talking about here.

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (31st January 2018),sonnybobiche (1st February 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    As far as I understand you are working for Toyota's rally team so I'm not expecting a different reaction from you.
    same opinion with bluuford, have plenty of members here,without working for any manufacturer.

6. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),TypeR (31st January 2018),WRC1 (31st January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    same opinion with bluuford, have plenty of members here,without working for any manufacturer.
    My problem wasn't the opinion, but the fact that it was littered with personal insults. That's all.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    "It's better to live dangerously 34 years, than to be bored for 84 years"
    ?

9. Likes: TypeR (31st January 2018)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    As far as I understand you are working for Toyota's rally team so I'm not expecting a different reaction from you. But what I do expect are civilised messages and I would appreciate it if you would leave out any personal attacks. You don't know me at all and that type of postings on a public space I consider completely uncalled for. I am not attacking anyone personally on this thread, not even Mr. Tänak, something which I have already made clear a few times here. If you are happy to represent yourself working for Toyota here on this forum, then that type of postings are far worse publicity for them than the case we are talking about here.
    Let me help you by compiling next complaint to FIA and everywhere else: "Toyota team representative is actively supporting breaking law, endangering innocent bystanders and threatening lives and wellbeing of everyone; as Toyota rally team is working under and can be considered subsidiary of Toyota Corp, it means that this is official position of Toyota, and thus OECD, UN, and national institutions should take steps to close Toyota dealerships and fine company for many billions of dollars for this outrageous behaviour. Also Toyota Corp has attacked me per personally by suggesting that i am wasting everybodys time and should get a life. By hinting that i do not have a life, i deduct that Toyota Corp has made threat or direct efforts to kill me and i am still alive only by chance."

11. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2018),Epik (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018),sindroms (1st February 2018),TypeR (31st January 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Stackars pojke, you are not attacking anyboy with names but you are attacking our intelligence with outageous overblowing of a --what's the word in Angleski? une bagatelle or "making a mountain of a mole hill".

I spent 2 years in France racing.All over the whole country 4 to 6 races per month.. And I have been to Monte Carlo WRC..

NOBODY, rien, nada, niete, zilch, would give a flying f**k about this..
    You heard the people there laughing..

Have you yourself seen how the French civilians drive? And how they drive when spectating?? THEY themselves are being silly as f**k any time there is snow---
    There's an old saying there: "Ā Rome, fais comme les Romains. "

Next door to you they say
    "С волками жить -- по волчьи выть"? Literally: When you're living with wolfs, you're howling like a wolf.
    In Brazilian portuguese they also say: " Em Roma, (faįa) como os romanos.", meaning exactly "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." That's a very common proverb.

The people there on the spot laugh and giggle.. You should too...

And stop insulting us with this hand-wringing.....makes me think you've turned into a Swede. Or worse an American!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

13. Likes: sonnybobiche (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    "It's better to live dangerously 34 years, than to be bored for 84 years"
    ?
    1. To my understanding you are quoting Adelaide Siffert, sister of the late Jo Siffert, those are not my words.
    2. I would prefer if you wouldn't draw my videos or me as a person to this discussion at all. Those things have nothing to do with this issue we are talking about. If you want to go that way, in my videos you will find plenty of behavior I don't agree with but it's art, I don't have to personally stand behind every word or act.
    3. I am a continuously evolving person like everyone and what I thought at one point in time doesn't mean that will always be the case for eternity. So questioning my views based on a video I did in 2010 seems like a pointless effort to me.

But ok, that's enough off-topic.

15. Likes: sonnybobiche (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    My problem...

17. Likes: sonnybobiche (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Have you yourself seen how the French civilians drive? And how they drive when spectating?? THEY themselves are being silly as f**k any time there is snow
    All the more important that the professionals behave themselves.