Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Wait for it.... For not speeding It's crazy world we are livin' in LMAO

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    So everything is allowed as long as you don't speed?
    Then i suggest you drive to the nearest police station and do some donuts in the street and let us know the outcome
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CahunaKiwi View Post
    Me?
    NO! - It wasn't addressed to you sir.

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CahunaKiwi View Post
    It is. Here in NZ if the Police saw this he would lose his licence on the spot for "sustained loss of traction" under laws introduced to combat boy racers.
    This loss of traction law is kinda hard to enforce on ice. Although i am sure that Tänak did it on purpose to ertentain fans, some other less skilled driver could have done it also involuntary - all those boy racers included. So in winter times you just go around and take everybodys licenses away? I know that there is probably some other law that forbids such driving also in Monte, but i am also sure that in winter times police is way more forgiving on this. As i said in previous post - i am in northern Sweden right now and i see some tail-wagging from other drivers several times a day, every day. After all that, i agree that these days everything can be shared in internet in the argument against the rally too and this might also be used for bad PR against rally. But then there are countless other things that can be used - for example damaged trees roadside where somebody drove off, and that cant be just patched. Or photos of damaged gravel roads before they are repaired, or litter left behind by fans etc etc. If someone is looking for ammo to fight against rally, they find it anyway. This incident is by far not juicy enough to warrant much attention, much less such excessive punishments as were called.
    Last edited by Indreq; 29th January 2018 at 23:49.

5. Likes: cali (30th January 2018),dimviii (30th January 2018),Rally Hokkaido (30th January 2018)
    Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    I'm stunned to read so many absurd comments who don't think there was something wrong with what Tänak did in that video. It's a public road and such driving would get everyone of us the licence suspended, without any doubts.

Anyone who thinks it was safe, just because he's a rally driver, doesn't understand anything about the dangers on the streets.

Anyone who thinks being a rally fan means giving a free pass to rally drivers is just crazy.

I'm shocked, not only by Tänak's reckless driving, but also every other driver in the videos posted on page 10.

Should they be suspended for a rally? My answer is YES, but only if the drivers drive against the law a second time.

Let's have more time to get from a Stage to another, but let's be much harsher with the penalties, should the drivers not behave.
    Viola ad oltranza...

7. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018),rallyace (30th January 2018)
    Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    Oh, one more thing: I love rallying, but I want to remind all of you fan boys, that rallying happens on the Stages, not on the public roads...
    Viola ad oltranza...

9. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018),Hartusvuori (30th January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Did you really filled 11 pages for this?

Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts
    Ott should be banned for Sweden. It was so stupid and wrong. You can't do that on public road. It's not rally stage, it has nothing to do with rallying. Stupid Ott, very stupid.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I think in most of countries he will loose the licence for smaller "issues" than this. What he did in this place is absolutely nonsense, it is making bad promotion for rallysport. I am sure if this should be reported to stewards, he will give him big penalty (time or cash). And I will agree with them.

13. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    You do realise your post also adds to these pages?

I think it has created a really interesting and well structured debate.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Not yet, but my post will do.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

16. Likes: AL14 (30th January 2018)