Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I said I didn't approve of Ogier's driving, especially if the slide was self induced but that's so slow speed that I wouldn't make headlines about it.
    I think Tanak was sliding next to spectators even slower (main topic case).

Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
    I work for the FIA. Jean Todt just told me that he’s gong to block your IP address for constantly wasting their time

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    ... the ball is firmly rolling...

Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Thanks for the video! This actually only makes it look worse for Tänak unfortunately. Pay attention when Ogier gives some sideways action from 0:20 onwards on a road section. Tänak drives the same bit of road section from 1:20 onwards as if he is on a stage and not on a public road. Yeah I'm not approving of Ogier's driving either, but this just makes it look worse for Tänak. I guess a lot of that is that they want to desperately keep some temperature in the tires and brakes, but it doesn't make it ok. It's good to have more footage though, thanks!
    Last edited by onemanband; 31st January 2018 at 22:07.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannes36 View Post
    https://youtu.be/5O-INzThaZ0?t=11 you should report some other drives too, seems like sideways is quite popular on road sections.
    Thanks for the video! This actually only makes it look worse for Tänak unfortunately. Pay attention when Ogier gives some sideways action from 0:20 onwards on a road section. Tänak drives the same bit of road section from 1:20 onwards as if he is on a stage and not on a public road
    Sorry but I really have to disagree with that, it seems like you're only seeing what you want to see to justify yourself against the people who disagree with you. To me Ogier looks clearly faster, more sideways and more committed at 0:20 than Tanak on the same road at 1:20.

6. Likes: cali (1st February 2018),maailmameister (1st February 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    What are you actually getting out of this thread? I find your 'contribution' to this forum so far utterly bizarre. Of all the things in rallying you could talk about, all the subjects you could have contributed to or joined to discuss, I can't get why any fan would be so solely focused on this subject.

It'd makes more sense if this was some next level trolling exercise by NOT in disguise...
    I only joined this forum again to talk about this thing, nothing else. My goal was to raise discussion about an issue that has potential to become serious for WRC in the future. But the reason I haven't contributed on this forum for years is all too clear to see in this topic. The level of name calling that the conversation descends into very rapidly is quite depressing. For some reason it's ok on this forum to personally attack other members rather than actually only talk about the subject. I mean I know it's not politically correct for me to post a topic like this on here and I know what to expect. But still...come on. Silly, often sexist and childish remarks, coming by people hiding cowardly behind anonymity, to someone whose name has been essentially published here for everyone. And I know this is the way of this forum for years now and why I don't spend my time here on a regular basis. Now don't get me wrong, there are people here who actually put thought into their posts and not all of them agree with my views in this topic either. But that intelligent discussion is drowned in the nonsense in between. Another problem I have is that I post something and then a few pages later it has been twisted into something completely else that I did not say at all and then I (stupidly) spend my time correcting myself and the cycle goes on like that. But that's lesser of an issue.

I see I also have to still clarify my comments on the second video. So to recap, Ogier slides in an excessive manner with other cars nearby which I don't approve of, if the slide was deliberately induced. He slows down/stops immediately after the slide, maybe when he sees the camera. Tänak slides a bit less but drives the same section with a more committed attitude and speed, as if he is on a stage and not a road section. Ogier's driving is wrong for me in that video, Tänak's driving is wrong as well, full stop. Mikkelsen looks like he is trying to do some kind of low key warming up exercise which is not even worth mentioning really compared to the other things. For a detailed analysis and driver comparison, I would need to see everyone's full liaison onboards. Who knows, maybe some of these guys go all crazy when they know no one is watching, but for example Tänak doesn't mind showing off for the people/cameras.

8. Likes: Allez Andruet (1st February 2018),AnttiL (1st February 2018),Hartusvuori (1st February 2018),JUF (1st February 2018)
    Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
    You're like a broken gramophone. Repeat for the same thing all the time. I do not know if you're stupid or you play a fool. Get your life and do not sit just behind your computer. The real life is not so black and white.

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Please, go see some rally in reality, they do this warm up on every stage before going to the start of stage, everyone. So go complain about it. I have to check, may have some footage from rally Sweden where Ogier and others doing it on really narrow road.
    And now there is footage of other drivers sliding around i want to see you going to report it to FIA too, as you said you would do.
    Last edited by MartinMK; 1st February 2018 at 07:05.

11. Likes: EstWRC (1st February 2018)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Dear AnttiK7 please go home and sut up
    Man and machine against mother nature..

Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMK View Post
    Please, go see some rally in reality, they do this warm up on every stage before going to the start of stage, everyone.
    I have seen it first hand live as well and still doesn't make me approve of it. Unless it is literally a quick warm-up immediately before start line and not a big warm up session through the whole liaison.

14. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018)