Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    On a rally where hundreds of people form a wall of death on the outside of a slippery 6th gear corner, people are morally outraged by Ott relatively slowly passing a couple of fans on the road section with a bit of opposite lock on.

Don't worry, I'm sure he won't have any fun for fans again.

It's kind of funny that of all the shenanigans and highly dubious practices that have occurred on road sections over the years, this non-event is the one that got people outraged!
    Not the same though. If John Doe wants to risk his own life by standing in a dangerous position on a stage, then so be it. Survival of the fittest.
    If a rally driver speeds, drifts, do whatever on a road section, causing an incident that injures, or even kill someone on their way home from shopping groceries, that's something completely different.

That wouldn't happen here, and have not happened either. However, were do you draw the line on what rules that are ok to break, and what rules you cannot break.

And of course, there will be a difference in what's actually allowed depending on what country you are driving in.

2. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    BUT THERE WAS NOBODY AROUND! Apart from those fans in a safe place.

Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts
    Agree with you that Ott shouldn't drive on this particular place like he drove but when I looked to this way more dangerous driving on this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsMe_X35XI , I'm just wondering why this didn't bring up the safety discussion like we are having now. Because he is multiple World Champion or?

Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    Nono.. it was a really-really dangerous situation.. I bet that if Latvala finished 2nd and Tanak 3rd, then many FIN fans wouldn't be so b**theart about it..

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    I see neutral steering on a snowy/icy road.
    The safest way through.

Obviously Ott Tanak is a threat to some.

Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    You can talk that it’s safe, just for fun, Ott is a pro, car is set up for this… etc etc etc. But you know this is all bullshit! It’s just bad example, any rally driver should not do this. It does no good to our beloved sport.

9. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018),PLuto (30th January 2018)
    Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    https://youtu.be/PTk1ocYcBUE?t=2m29s
    can you see how close he passes the kids?? opening door while driving on narrow streets? and driving in the middle of road so that other cars have to stop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8pg0xEQ4I
    this shows that most of the drives are maniacs?!! passing while double lines..

oh my..
    Last edited by TypeR; 30th January 2018 at 10:50.

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    From some of the comments I read, it seems it's completely acceptable to kill one guy just because others have killed thousands in the past and got away with it.

Bad doesn't become good only because there's worse in the world, you know?!?!

And this isn't anything against Tanak in particular, it's against breaking the rules on public road. So all of them should be penalized, not only him.
    Viola ad oltranza...

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Politically correct crap for people who failed to go through manhood... tough luck kids.