Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I only joined this forum again to talk about this thing, nothing else. My goal was to raise discussion about an issue that has potential to become serious for WRC in the future. But the reason I haven't contributed on this forum for years is all too clear to see in this topic. The level of name calling that the conversation descends into very rapidly is quite depressing. For some reason it's ok on this forum to personally attack other members rather than actually only talk about the subject. I mean I know it's not politically correct for me to post a topic like this on here and I know what to expect. But still...come on. Silly, often sexist and childish remarks, coming by people hiding cowardly behind anonymity, to someone whose name has been essentially published here for everyone. And I know this is the way of this forum for years now and why I don't spend my time here on a regular basis. Now don't get me wrong, there are people here who actually put thought into their posts and not all of them agree with my views in this topic either. But that intelligent discussion is drowned in the nonsense in between. Another problem I have is that I post something and then a few pages later it has been twisted into something completely else that I did not say at all and then I (stupidly) spend my time correcting myself and the cycle goes on like that. But that's lesser of an issue.

I see I also have to still clarify my comments on the second video. So to recap, Ogier slides in an excessive manner with other cars nearby which I don't approve of, if the slide was deliberately induced. He slows down/stops immediately after the slide, maybe when he sees the camera. Tänak slides a bit less but drives the same section with a more committed attitude and speed, as if he is on a stage and not a road section. Ogier's driving is wrong for me in that video, Tänak's driving is wrong as well, full stop. Mikkelsen looks like he is trying to do some kind of low key warming up exercise which is not even worth mentioning really compared to the other things. For a detailed analysis and driver comparison, I would need to see everyone's full liaison onboards. Who knows, maybe some of these guys go all crazy when they know no one is watching, but for example Tänak doesn't mind showing off for the people/cameras.
    You claim to talk of "an intelligent discussion"...Nothing in the entire subject and way you have gone on in this discussion is or has been intelligent...logically since the subject and manner of discourse in nonsensical, there can be no logical discussion...
    Your nuancing and basically blabbering about why ALL the other things we have seen are naughty but not as naughty as the poor soon to be fired, arrested and thrown in prison Tanak, we cannot take you seriously..

You talk of discssion yet throughout this discussion you answer questions not asked and ignore genuine questions posed clearly to you---in a futile attempt at establishing what is called "affiliation"....Nope, no answers, just continue your 1 man outrage and parsing...

Your comments about others "hiding behind" fake names is either trolling or more signs of a mind in trouble..
    Some how your fake name is OK and all the others are bad fake names because somehow I don't think your real name is AnttiK7.....Antti OK, but you expect us to believe K7? FAKE!

More logic fail.

I believe my real and full name and even address should be just below, down V there.

Give it up....you are embarrassing us all.. You "discuss" like a Trump supporter, and that is a giant insult to everybody's intelligence
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    This is much better than the wornout WRC vs. Gr B discussion. Imagine if this becomes a cyclic conversation :-)

I agree with Antti, it's childish and ill-mannered to stop discussing and start calling names. As a Finn I feel like I'm not entitled to any critical opinion anymore on Tänak, just because I'm a Finn - or at least others get a right to misinterpret. I hope there's be forum members and other members of rallying community that could see that some of us enjoy and appreaciate the sport beyond nationalities. And John, if you haven't figured out AnttiK7's real name by now, well, that's your mistake.
    Last edited by Hartusvuori; 1st February 2018 at 11:06.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

3. Likes: AnttiK7 (1st February 2018),AnttiL (1st February 2018)
    Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    As a Finn I feel like I'm not entitled to any critical opinion anymore on Tänak, just because I'm a Finn
    You still do not understand, problem is that for Antti only Tanak is bad and he need to send it to FIA. While there is also other video with Ogier, but still Tanak is much more dangerous because Antti counted seconds...he sais its not national, but what it is then, please say?
    They bouth are sliding Ogier even more and cars coming opposite side.

Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    This is much better than the wornout WRC vs. Gr B discussion. Imagine if this becomes a cyclic conversation :-)

I agree with Antti, it's childish and ill-mannered to stop discussing and start calling names. As a Finn I feel like I'm not entitled to any critical opinion anymore on Tänak, just because I'm a Finn - or at least others get a right to misinterpret. I hope there's be forum members and other members of rallying community that could see that some of us enjoy and appreaciate the sport beyond nationalities. And John, if you haven't figured out AnttiK7's real name by now, well, that's your mistake.
    Thank you for that, I feel the same way about the whole nationality thing. I feel my opinion is disqualified only because of my nationality, even when anyone who really knows me would probably have a good laugh at the suggestion of me as a nationalistic person. Also I find it really boring when people generalise other people based on their nationalities. I have said elsewhere in this thread already, Ott Tänak beat his team mates Latvala and Lappi fair and square on the stages. Latvala was clearly slower and Lappi very inconsistent. Tänak's drive on the stages was very impressive especially given that it was his first drive in the team. But this topic is not about that. I am talking about his behaviour outside the stages which I personally consider damaging for the sport of rallying, full stop.

6. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018),steve.mandzij (1st February 2018)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    What's up with all the direct comments on persons here?

8. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakem View Post
    You still do not understand, problem is that for Antti only Tanak is bad and he need to send it to FIA. While there is also other video with Ogier, but still Tanak is much more dangerous because Antti counted seconds...he sais its not national, but what it is then, please say?
    They bouth are sliding Ogier even more and cars coming opposite side.
    The way I read Antti's writing "Still, I don't approve of the kind of slides either on road section that Ogier shows, I definitely agree with that", is that he doesn't approve Ogier's antics either.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

10. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    But he doesn`t want to hang Ogier as an example, but only Tänak and measures speed and angle and threat to bystanders through videos.

12. Likes: cali (1st February 2018),dimviii (1st February 2018)
    Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    The way I read Antti's writing "Still, I don't approve of the kind of slides either on road section that Ogier shows, I definitely agree with that", is that he doesn't approve Ogier's antics either.
    Yes but for Ogier he only sais he do not approve. But he wants that guy who needs to be punished by FIA is only Tanak like example for others. If he really care about road safety and wrc in big picture, he would collect all this material form all driver and send it to FIA, not start to count second whose slide was faster. Somebody allready asked did he also sent Ogier using mobile on road sectoin, but he didnt send.
    Lets say we have 10 killers and we but only one in prison as an exaple for others. We all now every of ten are killers but we punish only one poor guy.. I do not have nothing more to say, dont want to waste my time on this shit any more.

14. Likes: dimviii (1st February 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    But only reported about Tänak... He doesn't approve Ogier's behaviour but apparantely it's better because... and did not report about it. Double standards I call it. What bugs me is very hypocritical attitude by the OP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    This forum is going to implode if Tänak wins in Jyväskyla.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

17. Likes: maailmameister (1st February 2018)