Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    On a rally where hundreds of people form a wall of death on the outside of a slippery 6th gear corner, people are morally outraged by Ott relatively slowly passing a couple of fans on the road section with a bit of opposite lock on.

Don't worry, I'm sure he won't have any fun for fans again.

It's kind of funny that of all the shenanigans and highly dubious practices that have occurred on road sections over the years, this non-event is the one that got people outraged!

2. Likes: AL14 (30th January 2018),cali (30th January 2018),dimviii (30th January 2018),tommeke_B (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    So everything is allowed as long as you don't speed?
    Then i suggest you drive to the nearest police station and do some donuts in the street and let us know the outcome
    Very hard to do some donuts with modern cars. And yes, I haven't heard that somebody has got a ticket for making a donut in a parking lot

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CahunaKiwi View Post
    It is. Here in NZ if the Police saw this he would lose his licence on the spot for "sustained loss of traction" under laws introduced to combat boy racers.
    Not gonna happen in our country

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Must be a slow news week>> Or an awful ot of the men here have become girly-men>
    Wot fa fuq is wrong with everybody? Couldn't anybody see? So goddam mild and people are actually "outraged">>

Tell you all what: You should be more outraged at what the incompetent fool that was orange with some dead animal on his head in Washinton DC is doing to the intra-governmental institutions that much of the civilised world has worked hard to build. Or stupid protectionist duties that can develop into trade war..

This is a chuckle.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    I personally don't have a problem with this driving. As said here, I've seen worse on road section.
    But problem with this is that it just fuels the discussion for anti rally people. There was a TV debate prior to Monte Carlo Rally with a group that is against the Rally. One of their arguments was road safety.
    So behavior like this, that is filmed, is just bad for the public opinion. You can't deny that.

So I think some penalty should be applied. Not a ban, but a fine or maybe a time penalty.

7. Likes: PLuto (30th January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsMe_X35XI
    Let`s go back and take away his titles. Should be sufficient punishment and on the plus side no-one would want to participate anymore...much easier than handing out 19 min punishments for light batteries and bans for some fan-made clips of a situation no-one actually saw close. Motorsport and internal combustion engines pollute the air and disturb the nature. Let`s ban them. Freedom of movement is overrated too, look what can happen and has happened.

Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    I personally don't have a problem with this driving. As said here, I've seen worse on road section.
    But problem with this is that it just fuels the discussion for anti rally people. There was a TV debate prior to Monte Carlo Rally with a group that is against the Rally. One of their arguments was road safety.
    So behavior like this, that is filmed, is just bad for the public opinion. You can't deny that.

So I think some penalty should be applied. Not a ban, but a fine or maybe a time penalty.
    Nobody's opinion is going to change by seeing tanak. The fans like it and will remain fans, and the anti people will always be against rally, no matter what.

The only thing we should do is stop giving attention to any kind of anti-person. For every activity a human can do, there is always somenone who doesn't like it, there doesn't even has to be a reason for it. Some people just like to complain and take pleasure in taking others away.

It is everyone's right to complain, but it is also everyone's right not to pay attention to it.

10. Likes: cali (30th January 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Must be a slow news week>> Or an awful ot of the men here have become girly-men>
    Wot fa fuq is wrong with everybody? Couldn't anybody see? So goddam mild and people are actually "outraged">>

Tell you all what: You should be more outraged at what the incompetent fool that was orange with some dead animal on his head in Washinton DC is doing to the intra-governmental institutions that much of the civilised world has worked hard to build. Or stupid protectionist duties that can develop into trade war..

This is a chuckle.
    So just because the world has far more serious issues than Ott Tänak showing off with his Yaris in the French alps, we shouldn't be discussing about it on a forum dedicated to rallying and we should talk about the US politics on here instead? And I'd prefer if everyone left out all the silly sexist comments as well from the discussion.

Special stages are for fast rally driving and also for showboating for the fans, if you want to do that kind of stuff. You can make big slides all you want or make extra big jumps for the fans all you want on the special stages. Remember Panizzi doing a 360 donut in the middle of a stage on his way to winning Rally Catalunya? But liaison sections are for driving according to the road traffic rules. As simple and clear as that. None of that bullshit what Tänak gives us on the video. If the special stages are not enough for him, then it's time for him to hand in his competition license. For the past few years FIA has being campaigning very heavily on road traffic safety and turning a blind eye to this kind of behavior would be hypocritical in my opinion, as well as damaging for the sport in the long run.

If you are a rally fan standing there when Ott does this, it can be fun to watch for a moment until you realise the repercussions it can have for the whole sport. And even if you are a rally fan and you were driving to opposite direction and coming across Tänak like this, you wouldn't be pleased. Driving a liaison section on a narrow road to an opposite direction of a convoy of WRC competitors coming the other way, is not a fun experience, no matter how big of a fan you are or how passionate you are, I can tell you. So if I as a rally fan am worked up about someone doing that, then what is someone who doesn't care about rallying at all going to think about when coming across this type of antics and showmanship on a public road? All sponsored by Toyota and Microsoft. Not exactly the best publicity for the sport, to say the least. And that is the main issue here.

12. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th January 2018),AnttiL (30th January 2018),Hartusvuori (30th January 2018),Marcco (30th January 2018),smsgrafica (30th January 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I'd prefer if everyone left out all the silly sexist comments as well from the discussion.
    +1

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    So just because the world has far more serious issues than Ott Tänak showing off with his Yaris in the French alps, we shouldn't be discussing about it on a forum dedicated to rallying and we should talk about the US politics on here instead? And I'd prefer if everyone left out all the silly sexist comments as well from the discussion.

Special stages are for fast rally driving and also for showboating for the fans, if you want to do that kind of stuff. You can make big slides all you want or make extra big jumps for the fans all you want on the special stages. Remember Panizzi doing a 360 donut in the middle of a stage on his way to winning Rally Catalunya? But liaison sections are for driving according to the road traffic rules. As simple and clear as that. None of that bullshit what Tänak gives us on the video. If the special stages are not enough for him, then it's time for him to hand in his competition license. For the past few years FIA has being campaigning very heavily on road traffic safety and turning a blind eye to this kind of behavior would be hypocritical in my opinion, as well as damaging for the sport in the long run.

If you are a rally fan standing there when Ott does this, it can be fun to watch for a moment until you realise the repercussions it can have for the whole sport. And even if you are a rally fan and you were driving to opposite direction and coming across Tänak like this, you wouldn't be pleased. Driving a liaison section on a narrow road to an opposite direction of a convoy of WRC competitors coming the other way, is not a fun experience, no matter how big of a fan you are or how passionate you are, I can tell you. So if I as a rally fan am worked up about someone doing that, then what is someone who doesn't care about rallying at all going to think about when coming across this type of antics and showmanship on a public road? All sponsored by Toyota and Microsoft. Not exactly the best publicity for the sport, to say the least. And that is the main issue here.
    Couldn't agree more.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan