Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Must be some sad Jari Matti fanboy.

I'm sorry for you dude, Ott is just faster.

2. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018)
    Liked 57 Times in 24 Posts
    I saw a number of Rally drivers making er.. pit stops before a stage. I chose not to take pictures.

Sometimes things are better left unseen .

Liked 41 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I have today brought this case to various offices in FIA and offices which are affiliated with FIA, both sporting as well as mobility divisions concerned with road traffic safety. Whether they want to set an example or not is a different case, but the ball is firmly rolling at least, like it should be. My bottom line still remains, I am a great fan of rallying and I don't want to see drivers disrespecting the sport.
    Don't you think you are over reacting a bit? Do you really think you are doing something good for rally sport? So sad.....

5. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2018)
    Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallye-vid View Post
    Must be some sad Jari Matti fanboy.

I'm sorry for you dude, Ott is just faster.
    +1

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    ... the ball is firmly rolling...

Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I´m sorry for you. Not even a real fan are you.
    I don't care what other fans think of my views. There are so many rally fans in the world whose concepts of rally fandom I don't agree with and that's fine. Last weekend I spent hours enjoying the spectacle through All Live and I was left with a deep sensation of an era of great new opportunities opening for WRC. Then on Monday I saw the video we are talking about here and now more than perhaps ever before WRC needs to rid itself of extra silly "attractions" like this. I am very well aware of the history of road driving behaviour in WRC and I know this cannot continue. And that is the reason why I have taken further action on it and brought it to the FIA. I care about the sport far more than what some rally fan might or might not think of me. And I suggest that as a healthy attitude for everyone here.

And like I have stated before, this is nothing to do with nationality, person in question, speed on the stages or anything else. If Latvala, Lappi, Ogier or whoever else took the same bit of road the same way, my views and actions would not change. Tänak was the fastest Toyota driver fair and square on the stages but we are not talking about that here at all are we? This is about the sport of rallying and how it is represented. I place the sport above any competitors in it.

9. Likes: AnttiL (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I don't care what other fans think of my views. There are so many rally fans in the world whose concepts of rally fandom I don't agree with and that's fine. Last weekend I spent hours enjoying the spectacle through All Live and I was left with a deep sensation of an era of great new opportunities opening for WRC. Then on Monday I saw the video we are talking about here and now more than perhaps ever before WRC needs to rid itself of extra silly "attractions" like this. I am very well aware of the history of road driving behaviour in WRC and I know this cannot continue. And that is the reason why I have taken further action on it and brought it to the FIA. I care about the sport far more than what some rally fan might or might not think of me. And I suggest that as a healthy attitude for everyone here.

And like I have stated before, this is nothing to do with nationality, person in question, speed on the stages or anything else. If Latvala, Lappi, Ogier or whoever else took the same bit of road the same way, my views and actions would not change. Tänak was the fastest Toyota driver fair and square on the stages but we are not talking about that here at all are we? This is about the sport of rallying and how it is represented. I place the sport above any competitors in it.
    Did you report about Ogier as well?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

11. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Did you report about Ogier as well?

No, if you are talking about Monte Carlo then I don't approve of using mobile phones while driving, but I consider a rally driver showing off for the fans on public roads far more damaging for WRC's image. Just look at this forum and see how many people approve of it probably largely because they are fans of Ott Tänak. A professional rally driver has a following and they have publicity and with that also comes responsibility not to disrespect their sport in public.

Colin McRae was my childhood hero and if I as a kid saw him do this kind of stuff during a rally on public roads (which let's be fair is highly likely he did at times), I would have been like "f...yeah that's cool". And I really don't want WRC drivers giving this kind of impressions to their fans today. Let alone the image it gives about rallying to the general public.

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (31st January 2018),AnttiL (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    No, if you are talking about Monte Carlo then I don't approve of using mobile phones while driving, but I consider a rally driver showing off for the fans on public roads far more damaging for WRC's image. Just look at this forum and see how many people approve of it probably largely because they are fans of Ott Tänak. A professional rally driver has a following and they have publicity and with that also comes responsibility not to disrespect their sport in public.

Colin McRae was my childhood hero and if I as a kid saw him do this kind of stuff during a rally on public roads (which let's be fair is highly likely he did at times), I would have been like "f...yeah that's cool". And I really don't want WRC drivers giving this kind of impressions to their fans today. Let alone the image it gives about rallying to the general public.
    So you turned a blind eye for the infringement which is very clearly forbidden in France but selected to report another which is debatable. I call it selective whatever your reasons are. I'm not a fanboy although yes I'm crossing my fingers to Tänak and have few other favourites in the WRC. I would react the same if this was happened to Neuville (my villain in WRC). It's just dishonest from your side now

15. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2018),drive (31st January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018),maailmameister (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018),the sniper (31st January 2018)
    Liked 2,122 Times in 918 Posts
    And like I have stated before, this is nothing to do with nationality, person in question, speed on the stages or anything else. If Latvala, Lappi, Ogier or whoever else took the same bit of road the same way, my views and actions would not change.
    No, if you are talking about Monte Carlo then I don't approve of using mobile phones while driving, but I consider a rally driver showing off for the fans on public roads far more damaging for WRC's image.
    I doubt that it's nothing to do with nationality.. Anyway, how is using mobile ,,safer'' than a little slide and not worth snitching (if using mobile takes your eyes off the road for some time), while sliding on basically empty road with two hands on wheel is?

17. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018),maailmameister (31st January 2018)