Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I wonder what the person who uploaded the video thinks? If it had been me I'd never have uploaded it.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Anyone want a drink?
    Having a strong cup of great Turkish tea right now. Thanks!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not fan of Tour de France, they can do what they want there. But I am fan of rallysport. And I am also part of organisation. I know how people are starting to be against rally everywhere. And behaviour during recce and on liaisons is one of their biggest arguments. Year by year there are problems with approving the stages. We must make picture of rallysport to be more friendly to normal people, who dont like the sport. Dont give them so stupid arguments to be against rallysport.
    Exactly. Don't give the people who are against it valid arguments to make arguments for it stick.

I'm a big fan of Ogier and I have sympathies for Tanak as well. They should both be penalised for breaking traffic rules. I'll leave it up to the local police and government as well as the FIA respectively what that would be in any given case.
    Last edited by Watson; 30th January 2018 at 17:35.

4. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2018),PLuto (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Exactly. Don't give the people who are against it valid arguments to make arguments for it stick.

I'm a big fan of Ogier and I have sympathies for Tanak as well. They should both be penalised for breaking traffic rules. I'll leave it up to the local police and government as well as the FIA respectively what that would be in any given case.
    I haven't still got an answer on what rules Tänak did break? In Ogier case it's clear. Still no answer about a small drift... Can our french friends help?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

6. Likes: Rallyper (30th January 2018),Steffu (30th January 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Toyota no, but FIA yes definitely. I would love to get a proper FIA clarification on this and how it is in line with their road traffic safety campaigns. And as far as I can see the point of the existence of this forum is to share our opinions and raise discussion about various things related to rallying, so I don't see any problem here whatsoever. Even if nothing happens because of these discussions, now more people are aware of the whole issue and the snowball rolls. It was only because the link was posted on another forum that I even found out about this myself. It more seems like the problem is that I have undesirable views on the matter for some people.[/QUOTE]

Few things:

If you want clarification, you need to ask the FIA then.

I think it has created a great debate and to be honest, I’m now torn 50/50 whether it was acceptable or not.

Don’t worry that there has been opposing reactions... take the sensible ones into account and discount the silly responses.... bit like life itself.

I do think you have created a little bit of a beast and you’ve probably put yourself in pole position to ask the question to the FIA. In my eyes, you need to follow this through properly.

Although his driving may seem irresponsible, I still think a massive fact in this is the surface he was on... kind of bambi on ice as opposed to ‘drifting on tarmac’...

8. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I haven't still got an answer on what rules Tänak did break? In Ogier case it's clear. Still no answer about a small drift... Can our french friends help?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    I'm no police officer but i would assume most of these?

*Basic rules for traffic.
    Everyone should be careful and be alert and careful so that there is no danger or injury and that other traffic is not unnecessarily obstructed or disturbed.
    Driver should also pay attention to those living near or staying on the road."

*Dangerous overtaking: Fine €135 Licence suspension 3 years. (Up to 3 years?)
    *Reckless or careless driving. (Which is a pretty international law if I'm not wrong)
    *Perturbing or obstructing traffic: Prison 2 years Fine €4,500 License suspension 3 years

Ogier: Using a mobile phone while driving a motor vehicle €135

https://www.french-property.com/guid...ving-offences/
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 30th January 2018 at 19:18.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post

Everyone should be careful and be alert and careful so that there is no danger or injury and that other traffic is not unnecessarily obstructed or disturbed.

*Reckless or careless driving. (Which is a pretty international law if I'm not wrong)
    *Perturbing or obstructing traffic: Prison 2 years Fine €4,500 License suspension 3 years

In Ogier case you have old law
    PHONING AT THE WHEEL BEWARE.... HANDS FREE mobile-phone use is banned in France. The new rule applies to all hands-free phones using a headset, bluetooth or wired. Drivers caught using a mobile phone while on the road in France are liable to an on-the-spot fine of 135 Euros – and 3 penalty points if they have a French driving licence. And from 2018 on immediate suspension of their licence (regardless of nationality). Statistics show that phoning at the wheel increases the risk of accident by a factor of three. The only type of mobile phone now legal to use in France while driving is one that is entirely hands-free and headphone free.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    So a voice controlled system is the only thing allowed if i understand it right?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Yes only voice controlled in car built system.

13. Likes: cali (30th January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post

Overtaking? He was passing a car parked/stopped in a place where it is also forbidden internationally. He slowed down, assessed the situation.
    Well, drift on ice can happen to everybody. Just slippier than expected.
    What traffic was he obstructing? There was a stopped car obstructing traffic in a forbidden zone (maybe tech. issues or something, not blaming).