Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Till now I thought N.O.T. is the worst member of this forum. Lazy, mean, grumpy but underneath that Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of Galaxy skin is kind person with great heart and huge rally enhusiast. But AnttiK7 is something totally different. You know, sometimes you do something wrong like starting this thread with topic nobody is worried about except AnttiK7, but reporting Tanak to FIA is a brand new level of being a douche.bag. BAN is not enough for somebody like AnttiK7.
    Last edited by liposh; 8th February 2018 at 11:59.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

2. Likes: A FONDO (11th February 2018),cali (8th February 2018),jliivak (13th February 2018),Kaps (8th February 2018),WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Guys, easy now. Let him be and just wait and see how all of this plays out. If they do start messing with the results, then I imagine FIA will get a nice quantity of more complaints regarding Monte Carlo Rally.

Antti, you really don't seem to understand why quite a few dislike you.

Not planning to post anymore in this thread, so no point in responding to me.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    I can't believe we got 37 pages now of this crap!

Reporting Tanak to FIA!? That is just beyond possible!

That AnttiK7 character must surely feel very proud of himself...
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

5. Likes: A FONDO (11th February 2018),cali (8th February 2018),jliivak (13th February 2018),liposh (8th February 2018),pantealex (9th February 2018),salamaja (11th February 2018),WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    Update regarding FIA's involvement in the case. Jean Todt's chief of staff Mr. Malenfer has informed me that the Tänak incident has been now reported to the Stewards. So the FIA is having a look into the issue at least and haven't turned the blind eye, which is good. We'll see where the case goes from here.
    While you’re satisfied about FIA taking notice of your alleged complaint, I’m worried with a possible negative precedent being open in our sport.

No matter how good your intentions may be and how valuable some of your points can look, if the FIA reacts supporting a complaint made by a fan, what will happen when anti-rally people or movements start lobbying against rally? Will the FIA also attend their protests and let the sport die?

We live in a free world and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but letting institutions being driven by those eager to reveal a moral superiority on the social media doesn’t seem to be a sensible way to run them.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: cali (8th February 2018),electroliquid (8th February 2018),jliivak (13th February 2018),Kaps (8th February 2018),liposh (8th February 2018),pantealex (9th February 2018),Rally Hokkaido (9th February 2018),salamaja (11th February 2018),steve.mandzij (8th February 2018),WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    ... We live in a free world and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but letting institutions being driven by those eager to reveal a moral superiority on the social media doesn’t seem to be a sensible way to run them.
    Amen to that.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Chill out guys, they're just gonna have a word with him or at worst he'll get fined. They're not gonna disqualify him. Remember when Neuville had no mirrors on his cars? That's pretty damn dangerous and they did nothing about it after all. It would create too much of a stir. In the best case they will present a plan how they will penalise drivers for that sort of stuff in the future.

10. Likes: AnttiL (8th February 2018)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Does that mean you have reported this incident to FIA? ? If so you should be banned from this forum imho, this forum is made for rally fans i believe.

Btw, have you ever driven a 4wd +300 HP car with studded tires on fresh snow? Quite impossible to not go sideways...
    Not really an argument since they are nothing special in road mode, I've driven an Impreza S10 WRC and it's pretty easy to drive and i drive a 340hp Impreza every day in the snow, and for sure it's hard to stay away from sliding but i try to keep it to the ice lakes and not in traffic
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

12. Likes: AnttiL (8th February 2018),pantealex (9th February 2018)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    In the best case they will present a plan how they will penalise drivers for that sort of stuff in the future.
    That is where you are wrong. Being a spectator there I would like to see Tanak doing that stuff. Not dangerous and something to remember. Those small things would kill our beloved rally very slowly and at the end we will be happy to spectate rally at the circuit. I am not exaggerating. I know what I am talking about. Such suggestions were here in CZ in 2012 after rallycar killed spectators.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

14. Likes: WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    That is where you are wrong. Being a spectator there I would like to see Tanak doing that stuff. Not dangerous and something to remember. Those small things would kill our beloved rally very slowly and at the end we will be happy to spectate rally at the circuit. I am not exaggerating. I know what I am talking about. Such suggestions were here in CZ in 2012 after rallycar killed spectators.
    Again, if someone gets hurt by a rally car in a stage that is very bad press for our sport already, but you can argue that it is part of the risk you take when you go spectating and that it almost never happens when you stay in the marked zones.

However, if someone gets badly injured because a driver puts on a show (or for that matter looks at his phone or is speeding... any type of negligent behaviour by whomever it might be committed) on a public road that is instant death for rally at least in that region. Imagine the news reports and the outrage by the people living in that area. It's just not worth the risk in my opinion. The show takes place in the competitive stages. If that is not enough for certain spectators, I consider them greedy. Don't give the naysayers good reasons to have us banned.

And if people are gonna say I'm repeating myself - well dumb luck. I am making this point as an answer to the same old argument from the other side.

Professional motorsport takes place away from public roads and until someone makes a valuable (or any at all) argument that this is for some reason untrue, I rest my case.

16. Likes: Allez Andruet (9th February 2018),AnttiK7 (8th February 2018),AnttiL (8th February 2018),JUF (8th February 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Being a younger rally fan the one that sticks out to me was very recent, Alexey Lukyanuk's shakedown accident a few months (years?) ago, where he crashed head on into another car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Not sure where are you getting with this but just to remind you some facts

Not a shakedown but his team organized pre-event test

Closed road from public

Should be enough to keep Lukyanuk accident away from this thread

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

18. Likes: electroliquid (9th February 2018),jliivak (13th February 2018),steve.mandzij (10th February 2018)