Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RM98 View Post
    This is just ridiculous. He drifted a car in a corner where spectators were filming. He was not even speeding! Are you sure you're a rally fan?
    I was responding to the 170kph on public roads example with that. In Tänak's case I would take his points away still at the very least for bringing the sport into disrepute and to make a future example out of this case.

Liked 25 Times in 7 Posts
    For those who think the driving behaviour was reasonable, would your answer be the same if:

* It was some less skilled competitor like Bertelli driving instead of Tanak?
    * It was some munter driving a Skyline on steelies, cut springs and a fart-can exhaust instead of Tanak?

To Joe Public who don't like cars and hate motorsport they will see it the same way regardless of who is driving.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    if if if........

4. Likes: cali (29th January 2018),spiderem (29th January 2018)
    Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    My God, what the hell is this world coming to!?

He did absolutely nothing!
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

6. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    if if if........
    Just trying to determine whether people are taking a position because of who was doing the driving vs what the driver was doing. To a non-motorsport person who saw this it would make no difference and they are the ones who make life hard for event organisers (like myself) who suddenly can't run events because these non-motorsport people complain and stop councils/property owners from giving us roads to use.

And for the record I think it was a nice, controlled piece of driving that was enjoyable to watch. But I can't condone it on a public road.

10. Likes: cali (29th January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018),jliivak (30th January 2018),salamaja (30th January 2018),spiderem (29th January 2018)
    Me? I've never been called a "voice of reason" before, usually quite the opposite... Busy working to pay a mortgage, spending time with family and organising motorsport events (and occasionally being allowed out to compete myself) rather than spending time going out of my way on Youtube looking for examples of poor competitor driving to call out. And for the record I'd personally say all of those examples (except perhaps Kubica) are dangerous and shouldn't be condoned as being acceptable on a public road.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Dude says he is passionate about Motorsport and then wants its competitors to be banned
    Wait for it.... For not speeding It's crazy world we are livin' in LMAO

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Wait for it.... For not speeding It's crazy world we are livin' in LMAO

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    It is. Here in NZ if the Police saw this he would lose his licence on the spot for "sustained loss of traction" under laws introduced to combat boy racers.