Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgrafica View Post
    From some of the comments I read, it seems it's completely acceptable to kill one guy just because others have killed thousands in the past and got away with it.

Bad doesn't become good only because there's worse in the world, you know?!?!

And this isn't anything against Tanak in particular, it's against breaking the rules on public road. So all of them should be penalized, not only him.
    Which rule? Does anyone know french rules? Just out of interest

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

2. Likes: Rallyper (30th January 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    +1
    + another 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    No, just a ban from competition for a certain time period and probably also driving license away by simply following the country's road traffic rules where the infringement happened.
    Its illegal to use phone or even hands free in france. Should we take away Ogiers and Mikkelsens driving license aswell then ? Or all the WRC drivers who speaked to the team on the road section ??

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    If you are a rally fan standing there when Ott does this, it can be fun to watch for a moment until you realise the repercussions it can have for the whole sport.
    I’m a huge fan of your rally videos, but you're making a storm in a tea cup. For sure there are some reasonable arguments on your claim, but if the purpose was to bring this subject in order to prevent general public recrimination on rallysport, I’m afraid you may end having the opposite result.

Btw, if the debate keeps going, please let’s stop posting others videos. Like sms wrote before, this isn’t about driver A or B (hope so), and the thread is already messy enough.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 30th January 2018 at 13:38. Reason: (hope so) added
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: the sniper (30th January 2018)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgrafica View Post
    From some of the comments I read, it seems it's completely acceptable to kill one guy just because others have killed thousands in the past and got away with it.

Bad doesn't become good only because there's worse in the world, you know?!?!

And this isn't anything against Tanak in particular, it's against breaking the rules on public road. So all of them should be penalized, not only him.
    Your metaphor is inappropriate. You could answer which rules he broke? Please.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: cali (30th January 2018)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I’m a huge fan of your rally videos but you're making a storm in a tea cup. For sure there are some reasonable arguments on your claim, but if the purpose was to bring this subject in order to prevent general public recrimination on rallysport I’m afraid you may end having the opposite result.

Btw, if the debate keeps going, please let’s stop posting others videos. Like sms wrote before, this isn’t about driver A or B, and the thread is already messy enough.
    Streisandeffect?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    I agree that rally drivers shouldnt do those things in between stages. If you want to see a rally car at full speed just see it on stages.
    Tanak has everything under control, no doubt about that. But he has to behave as a normal road car at that point.
    Ogier showing of in Wales is what fans want to see there, was a closed of space, i'm not saying that was a safe situation, but was not public road.
    Use of phones during driving also cant be accepted.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    That`s the case, it wasn`t rally speed, even not maximum allowed roadspeed. Just a normal situation on a slippery curve, especially when you have a 380bhp rallycar with on/off clutch and throttle, in a setup really not suitable for winter (18/65-18 tyres, stiff) plus have to slow down to assess the situation ("great" place to stop a car indeed). And when a 4wd is already going sideways you push the pedal even more to stear it. Simple physics. Latvala himself compared those roadconditions on Saturday, saying that it`s bad even in a roadcar and much worse for them.

Wales was far more worse, because that fence couldn`t hold a falling 100 kg person, let alone a rallycar having fun, faster than in this episode probably.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 30th January 2018 at 13:17.

12. Likes: Rallyper (30th January 2018),the sniper (30th January 2018)
    Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
    interesting to see other crews in this place, maybe all cars drifting a little, because you must warm up brakes temperature before the start.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Streisandeffect?
    Not quite. I see it more as digging up dirt on rally; hard to get positive results from it.
    Rally addict since 1982