Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Liked 41 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    Colin McRae was my childhood hero and if I as a kid saw him do this kind of stuff during a rally on public roads (which let's be fair is highly likely he did at times), I would have been like "f...yeah that's cool". And I really don't want WRC drivers giving this kind of impressions to their fans today. Let alone the image it gives about rallying to the general public.
    So you don't want kids to think "f... yeah, that's cool" about the rally anymore? You don't want them to get enthusiastic? Actually I will now show this video to my sons (8 and 11 years old) with whom I was spectating Monte for three days and tell them not to try this on open road after they get driving licenses. At least not with my car and not until they are professional rally drivers. I am sure their enthusiasm about rally won't decrease.

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpt010 View Post
    So you don't want kids to think "f... yeah, that's cool" about the rally anymore? You don't want them to get enthusiastic?
    Yes I want kids to be enthusiastic, but about actual rallying on the stages. Not about their heroes showing off on public roads.

Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
    I do not usually type anything here, just follow this forum everyday. But this topic has already crossed all boundaries. Send complaints to FIA for such a thing? Why do you have to do such things? It's just sick.

5. Likes: AL14 (31st January 2018),cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018),MartijnS (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018),the sniper (31st January 2018),TypeR (31st January 2018),WRC1 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quite an interesting social experiment this thread. The amount of people who have come out of the woodwork to create accounts and comment is pretty staggering. One of the things I dislike most about society these days is the professionally outraged. What's also interesting is how opinion seemingly only falls in the extremes on either side. Or maybe it's just those people who shout the loudest.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

7. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (31st January 2018),sonnybobiche (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    I know I am a bit late to the party.

Was what Ott did in that clip dangerous? NO.
    Could it appear dangerous to the general public? Yes.
    Was it a good thing to do? No.
    What will happen now? Because of how the incident has been blown up by some countries media (i'm looking at you, Finland), the person responsible for the FIA Road Safety program will show the clip to all the drivers and say: "don't do that anymore, ok". There will NEVER be any reprimand or penalty for it, because Toyota would protest heavily. Maximum thing sending letters to FIA and maybe the organizers could achieve is Ott publishing a formal apology in the WRC.com website (altough that would need hundreds of letters like Antti's).

9. Likes: AnttiL (31st January 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    Because of how the incident has been blown up by some countries media (i'm looking at you, Finland)
    I tried to search for news stories about this in Finnish media but couldn't find anything

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I tried to search for news stories about this in Finnish media but couldn't find anything
    I must apologize. I remember first reading about this in a Finnish news story (not being Finnish myself). As I can't find the link myself then let's say I remembered wrong.
    Altough this does not mean I think the incident hasn't been blown up by the rally discussion boards (I just assumed the story began from Finnish media)

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    I must apologize. I remember first reading about this in a Finnish news story (not being Finnish myself). As I can't find the link myself then let's say I remembered wrong.
    Altough this does not mean I think the incident hasn't been blown up by the rally discussion boards (I just assumed the story began from Finnish media)
    I think EstWRC said Estonian media picked it up, but not before being posted here. Also, I have the impression Tänak is right now more of a celebrity in Estonia than Latvala is in Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think EstWRC said Estonian media picked it up, but not before being posted here. Also, I have the impression Tänak is right now more of a celebrity in Estonia than Latvala is in Finland.
    Possibly. Doesn't really matter. Replace the word Finland with the word Estonia in my original post then if you like.

Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
    This forum had turned to ratsh*t with the F1 ladyboys trying to take over.
    Reporting top drivers to the FIA for sliding at snales pace...WTF is wrong with you?!

Rallying is not for you mate. Time to cross over to the F1 forum and read all about the generic robots and that imbecile world champion of their’s and why thinks he’s mad because he braided his hair, and stayed up past midnight once and had 2 beers!

15. Likes: Augury (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018),WRC1 (31st January 2018)