Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Liked 241 Times in 66 Posts
    I find this thread very amusing because it's full of logical errors. Half of it is attacking the person instead of the subject. The other half is trying to prove it's no big deal because there have happened worse things in rallysport.
    Ouninpohja!

2. Likes: satnav (30th January 2018),steve.mandzij (31st January 2018)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    I gave up for some time ago. Clearly there are many fans who dont think any excessive punishment is necessary, and then couple of trolls and simpletons who refuse to understand that world is not black and white after their whims. Some claim that what Ott did was dangerous driving. In some posts there is option that perhaps what he did wasnt dangerous due to his skills and his car, but he is giving bad example. So what is it - dangerous or not? Giving bad example is probably FIA issue (unsportsmanlike conduct etc). But nobody seems to come even to common position what is it exactly that he did. Neglegting Ogiers violation is glaringly obvious by some. Also nationality card is played... What bothers me most that critics here seem to have all of the sudden discovered that this kind of conduct should be condemned and are demanding some public execution. Why couldnt 1st case be warning and fine and if message doesnt get to drivers, then increase punishments? I have had similar dicussions with hard-core vegans about human-animal relations, there is simply no compromise or reasoning possible, no dialogue, just repeating same overblown arguments like broken gramophone.

4. Likes: cali (30th January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I haven't still got an answer on what rules Tänak did break? In Ogier case it's clear. Still no answer about a small drift... Can our french friends help?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Drifting, powersliding and all sorts of manouvers like that on public roads fall under the broad category of 'dangerous driving' or whatever it may be called in any given country. If you do a drift in front of a cop, he'll pull you over and you'll go to court. Even if there is no other human soul within a square mile you'll get trouble because the judge will argue that you can't predict whether someone will come out of nowhere. While drifting, you have less control over your car and you'll have more difficulty avoiding somebody than if you drive normally, whether you break the speed limit or not; by drifting you show no responsibility for other people on the road - and that's what you will get punished for.

That is the law, you can agree whether that law is just or not, the fact is that it makes rallying look bad in the public eye because laws are being broken.
    Last edited by Watson; 30th January 2018 at 21:06.

Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Drifting, powersliding and all sorts of manouvers like that on public roads fall under the broad category of 'dangerous driving' or whatever it may be called in any given country. If you do a drift in front of a cop, he'll pull you over and you'll go to court. Even if there is no other human soul within a square mile you'll get trouble because the judge will argue that you can't predict whether someone will come out of nowhere. While drifting, you have less control over your car and you'll have more difficulty avoiding somebody than if you drive normally, whether you break the speed limit or not; by drifting you show no responsibility for other people on the road - and that's what you will get punished for.

That is the law, you can agree whether that law is just or not, the fact is that it makes rallying look bad in the public eye because laws are being broken.
    Go fish... yeah sure, if you slide in snow, you'll go to court there is no law anywhere that explains drifting or what so ever.. from what angle and speed somebody could say you are drifting or sliding.. Anttti' and other.. b*tthurts, I doubt that you haven't ever gone over speed limits or yellow light or etc... you are also a bad example for everybody else..

Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    [url]https://twitter.com/peachaparacing/status/957725243279323137[/url I would make a serious example case out of Mr. Tänak and hand out a heavy penalty, disqualify him from Monte Carlo results and ban him for a couple of events. No fines or warnings or nonsense like that, just give him a good hard penalty. That will teach him and set an example and warning for everyone else.
    What are we talking about, this is the reason me and many others want to explain something. You want to make someone example to ohters and punish him like crazy. And ruin his whole season, because of small sideways driving on snowy road. Be real!!! We dont live in year 1900 or as someone allready said in North-Korea, to make examples that other will afraid. I am not against to give Tanak warning and maybe fine and then this happens more maybe time penalty. And I am sure this is not happening any more.
    but you can make the claim to FIA and see what they will answer, you have these rights.

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Go fish... yeah sure, if you slide in snow, you'll go to court there is no law anywhere that explains drifting or what so ever.. from what angle and speed somebody could say you are drifting or sliding.. Anttti' and other.. b*tthurts, I doubt that you haven't ever gone over speed limits or yellow light or etc... you are also a bad example for everybody else..
    You are so childish, one has to think you cannot possibly be over 14 years old... and even if you were as young, your comments would still be a shame.
    Viola ad oltranza...

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Some quite terrifying reactions on here. Ott is not driving correctly here and he shouldn't be doing it, but this shouldn't just be aimed at Ott but all drivers. Just because they're rally drivers doesn't earn them special privileges on road sections, it's not OK and shouldn't be encouraged. Either make time controls less stressful for drivers or penalize them when driving illegally, but this has been adressed in here by now.

Quote Originally Posted by J_n_z View Post
    If you are a woman fair enough, if you are a man think a little... life is not all about safety and political correction. If all fathers act like this, in 20 years there will be no rally drivers.
    No, life isn't about being politically correct all the time and I agree with you on that. But one can still act responsible and realize what might not be clever to do.

And the generalization in post makes my head ache a bit...

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I haven't still got an answer on what rules Tänak did break? In Ogier case it's clear. Still no answer about a small drift... Can our french friends help?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to...w-speed-limits

https://www.google.it/search?q=drift...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Viola ad oltranza...

11. Likes: cali (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Some quite terrifying reactions on here.
    About as terrifying as someone applying a small degree of opposite lock while going relatively slowly up an icy road.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    I happen to know a guy it happened and how the whole thing went down. Hell, even if you do a burnout you can get trouble. But don't take it from me. Next time you see a copcar, pull a slide - under the speedlimit of course - and see what happens for yourself.