Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
    And Jackie Stewart would tell you to man the f*ck up ad rallying is a big boys game!

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (31st January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    This thread has become a David Lynch movie.

4. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),the sniper (31st January 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    Possibly. Doesn't really matter. Replace the word Finland with the word Estonia in my original post then if you like.
    Either way you can play name 5 famous (insert Finn or Estonian) that aren’t motor sport professionals.😉
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Holy crap, I just looked the video and the biggest threat to drivers and human life is user AnttiK7 who is spending FIA officials time that can be otherwise used to improve road safety, spectator safety, and competitors safety. Please, get a life. Or do you want to take repsonibility of next unfortunate event to yourself.. you can always think that this might have been avoided if the officald would have had more time to tackle with real problems, not with your letter.

Please, consider this before senidng something to somewhere, always.

If you really want to see really scary situation, then for me it was the start of SS9 when Breen was going to start control, quite fast, very narrowly parked cars. When I drive like this, I am always afraid of someone opening the door and jumping out from the car without looking.

Anyway, case closed for me do not touch s..t, it tends to stink afterwards
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

7. Likes: Augury (31st January 2018),cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),eib1 (31st January 2018),Epik (31st January 2018),EstWRC (31st January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018),jliivak (31st January 2018),MartinMK (31st January 2018),onemanband (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),rallye-vid (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018),satnav (31st January 2018),sindroms (1st February 2018),STI69 (31st January 2018),tommeke_B (1st February 2018),TypeR (31st January 2018),WRC1 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Same thing with someone jumping out of the car could have happened there, if it wasn't for that i wouldn't be that bothered about it.
    Kids for instance are more unpredictable than sheep...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    The thing I find most interesting is that this is actually a fight within all of motorsports. It's a deep philosophical divide between people who fundamentally agree with the AnttiK7s of the world and those who side with the Mr C1412s. Either you actually believe that safety is the number 1 priority and all sporting considerations are slaves to safety, or you believe that motorsport is inherently dangerous and that putting safety ahead of the spectacle is misguided and destructive to the sport.

You can't say "The most important thing is safety" and support Tanak's unnecessary showboating. I know which one I would go with.

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    About legality of sliding car on ice - if you read letter of law, then i am sure that in most countries deliberately driving in a way which leads to loss of traction, is illegal. Now how this law is enforced is all different matter. If car slides a little on ice, then i am sure that in most cases cops look the other way. There is concept - are people for law or law for people? That mean that obeying law blindly is dumb. Dumb laws should be abolished and even smart laws should be enforced smartly. You dont have to punish someone with maximum severity. Actually, quite often officials look deliberately the other way - untile someone like AnttiK starts yelling - then they have no choice but to act somehow. For example, hereduring winter times there are many unofficial ice-tracks where anyone can go and practice their skills or just have fun. Technically they are illegal, but police almost never does anything to punish anyone for driving there. But everybody (including police) knows about them, even newspaper sometimes write about them - but everybody silently accepts them, because there is nothing to win if police suddenly closes them down. But there is much to lose - people have no safe place to practice driving in slippery conditions and youngsters have nowhere (relatively) safe where to vent their adrenaline. Actually, to get drivers license here, as part of the training one has to also practice driving on slippery surface, but these officila training areas are very small and you cant practice there on practical speeds. So practicing on lake or sea is actually better, enables to do it at speeds closer to real life. But of course, if more holier-than-pope and easily offended people come here, then this will change. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBuN0LBeZ18

About this news article in Estonian newspaper - i looked it up, it was titled about as "Did Ott play on fans nerves?". First and most popular comment to this article suggested that reporter should get a life and not write such rubbish. This comment has got 448 upvotes and 8 downvotes. So i guess there is 8 people in Estonia thinking same way as AnttiK.
    Last edited by Indreq; 31st January 2018 at 17:12.

11. Likes: sindroms (1st February 2018),TypeR (31st January 2018)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Same thing with someone jumping out of the car could have happened there, if it wasn't for that i wouldn't be that bothered about it.
    Kids for instance are more unpredictable than sheep...
    Yes, but going sideways don't make kids jump out unpredictably. It would have been 100% if he had gone through there at the same speed without the slide. And if he had done that we would not have been talking about it.
    Last edited by onemanband; 31st January 2018 at 17:16.

Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    The thing I find most interesting is that this is actually a fight within all of motorsports. It's a deep philosophical divide between people who fundamentally agree with the AnttiK7s of the world and those who side with the Mr C1412s. Either you actually believe that safety is the number 1 priority and all sporting considerations are slaves to safety, or you believe that motorsport is inherently dangerous and that putting safety ahead of the spectacle is misguided and destructive to the sport.

You can't say "The most important thing is safety" and support Tanak's unnecessary showboating. I know which one I would go with.
    I definitely agree about the philosophical divide, but I don't agree that what I have been writing about here falls under that. Anyway we are talking about a WRC driver driving on a public road under road traffic rules. The other people on the road are not taking part in the rally or necessarily even know what rallying is. And 99 times out of 100 you are gonna be danger more to other people than to yourself when you drive a WRC car in road traffic, simply because you are relatively speaking sitting in a tank compared to the safety of a normal road car. And my foremost concern with this case is public image anyway rather than safety, but for some reason that gets twisted here a lot to something else, that is not my opinion anymore.

14. Likes: Allez Andruet (31st January 2018),AnttiL (31st January 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I definitely agree about the philosophical divide, but I don't agree that what I have been writing about here falls under that. Anyway we are talking about a WRC driver driving on a public road under road traffic rules. The other people on the road are not taking part in the rally or necessarily even know what rallying is. And 99 times out of 100 you are gonna be danger more to other people than to yourself when you drive a WRC car in road traffic, simply because you are relatively speaking sitting in a tank compared to the safety of a normal road car. And my foremost concern with this case is public image anyway rather than safety, but for some reason that gets twisted here a lot to something else, that is not my opinion anymore.

16. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),EstWRC (31st January 2018),marx (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),TypeR (31st January 2018)