Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Then feel free to share the statistics you're referring to.
    Juwra helps you, feel free to look some 9 wc titles, 72 rally wins etc. Have a look my friend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Juwra helps you, feel free to look some 9 wc titles, 72 rally wins etc. Have a look my friend
    Let me just quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet
    And oh how I feel nauseous everytime someone mentions that Loeb has so and so many wins in WRC
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Let me just quote myself:
    I know it hurts

I know it hurts
    Nah, it doesn't. I just feel genuinely sorry for people who are unable to justify their opinion. But don't worry, it's still nice you're atleast trying to follow the sport.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Nah, it doesn't. I just feel genuinely sorry for people who are unable to justify their opinion. But don't worry, it's still nice you're atleast trying to follow the sport.
    Okay, I'm being an adult here and step aside. You are right ofcourse.

You are right ofcourse.
    I know I am, but thanks anyway.

I know I am, but thanks anyway.
    Youre welcome! Sleep tight!

8. Likes: dimviii (29th January 2018)
    Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Very competitive you say. He dominated ypu say. Well if no one got near him then there is no competitive championship at all. It's like every rally with WRC2. Usually Skoda fac. drivers are bored of no competitive drivers...
    You don’t know much about rallying and are not making much sense at all

He beat drivers in a 1 make series, yet you compare him to Skoda drivers in WRC2.

The JWRC used to have some great drivers and Loeb best them all. He made Nail McShae look pretty average in the same car. I doubt you know who Nial McShae is mind.
    Last edited by Mr C1412; 29th January 2018 at 22:44.

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Another point with very big meaning for me, at least,is that he wasnt a kid with rich father,nor with backing from Jouhki,Even etc.
    A young electrician from Alsace that destroyed everybody,with pure speed and consistency at every surface.
    I think thats why he's so succesfull.
    He actually was one of the few who got there on talent. And thats really rare in rallying.

Unlike lots of other sports like football, where you have tens of thousands of young people trying, and ony the best make it. In rallying there's only a few hundered trying, and even then most of them never get a chance to prove themself because they never find the money.
    Its a rich people's sport, and connections and money are more important than raw talent.

I believe that there are a lot of talented people out there, some of them even more talented than loeb or any driver whe have a ever seen. But they dont have a daddy who gives them a group n evo when they are 6, or an family business who pays for a few full seasons of wrc.
    So they only start when they already work a few years, which is in their mid 20's. And they work their ass off to barely be able to afford an r2 car, but they can't afford to crash it, they can't maintain it properly and the don't have anyone to guide them. In the meantime some rich kid hires the best car from the best team available, pays for a professional co-pilot and gets driving lessons from a professional driver.

A real cheap - think cheaper then R1 - 1 make cup with professional support and guidance could probably reveal some big talent.

11. Likes: Jewy46 (30th January 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    I can't believe this dumb thread is still going on. The initial question was: Is Loeb overrated? Which of course he is not. Is he the greatest of all time? Not only is that not the question in hand, it is also impossible to answer if we don't all agree on numbers of titles and wins as the appropriate measurment.