Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Man, you're really thinking that a legend who won 9 championships straight needed help to beat Duval? Are you really serious about this?
    can you believe someone who won 7 tours de france needed doping to help him beat basso or klöden?

when duval said he wasn't treaded fair, i didn't believe it because he seemed like a bad loser. when the same story's where told about sordo, i didn't believe them because he seemed just to slow. when petter said kinda the same thing, i also didn't believe it.

but since i've seen how ogier got treated when he was a threat to loeb, i believe it all to be true.
    for me, loeb is the best rally driver ever. but as Mintexmemory said, he isn't the nice guy some believe him to be.
    he didn't wanted to win fair, he just wanted to win. and he had no problem with sabotaging his team members if they didn't wanted to listen to team orders an let him take the win.

2. Likes: Mintexmemory (5th February 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

but since i've seen how ogier got treated when he was a threat to loeb, i believe it all to be true. .
    how was treated?

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    can you believe someone who won 7 tours de france needed doping to help him beat basso or klöden?

when duval said he wasn't treaded fair, i didn't believe it because he seemed like a bad loser. when the same story's where told about sordo, i didn't believe them because he seemed just to slow. when petter said kinda the same thing, i also didn't believe it.

but since i've seen how ogier got treated when he was a threat to loeb, i believe it all to be true.
    for me, loeb is the best rally driver ever. but as Mintexmemory said, he isn't the nice guy some believe him to be.
    he didn't wanted to win fair, he just wanted to win. and he had no problem with sabotaging his team members if they didn't wanted to listen to team orders an let him take the win.
    Yet, I've never heard Loeb complain particularly when he had to retire or was beaten by his rivals, he never sounded like someone who wants to win no matter what. Also, judging that he's not a "nice guy" not by what he says, but by some rumors that Citroen would have handicapped other Citroen drivers to give Loeb single rally wins is laughable.
    Do you really believe that Loeb would have asked Citroen to mess around with the cars of Sordo, Duval and Solberg, who where absolutely nowhere near him in the championship classification and in pace in 90% of the rounds, just to win a single event for each case? I'm sorry, but this sounds absolutely ridicolous...

5. Likes: AL14 (3rd February 2018),AndyRAC (3rd February 2018),dimviii (3rd February 2018),Lead (3rd February 2018),Marcco (27th February 2018),TWRC (6th February 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    what answers will provide?
    Well let say he gets a podium on his first event (Mexico?), then one could easily say that it is an amizing performance considering it's his first outing in the new generation car and he hasn't been competing in rally for few seasons. Hence yes sebastien Loeb was and is really good.
    Let say he finishes 8th or 9th, then one could say, yes Loeb was the best driver of his era for sure, but every era has its own best driver...

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    pardon me if it has been said here already, but i foresee that the 3 outings Loeb will do this season will provide answers to the question... positive or negative.
    I don't think so. I think he will struggle and that will simply be explained by being absent for too long, not having the experience in the car that most of the other drivers have, lack of incentive and a general motivation not to put the car into a ditch.

He's pretty much a tourist driver like Kremer, Serderidis, the Sheikh and Bertelli.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I don't think so. I think he will struggle and that will simply be explained by being absent for too long, not having the experience in the car that most of the other drivers have, lack of incentive and a general motivation not to put the car into a ditch.

He's pretty much a tourist driver like Kremer, Serderidis, the Sheikh and Bertelli.

Yes, I think so too.

If Meeke is to be believed, the Citroen is also lagging behind in development compared to Toyota, Ford and Hyundai. Some might say Kris is just blaming the car for his mediocre Monte performance... but even just looking at the car, Aero development at very least, still looks waaay behind on the C3 compared to the others, especially Toyota.

I don't expect Seb to be very competitive, but that in no way detracts from how good he clearly was/is.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    pardon me if it has been said here already, but i foresee that the 3 outings Loeb will do this season will provide answers to the question... positive or negative.
    Pardon me but, if he fails to deliver good result, you can't blame him, he is out of WRC for 6 years now, the cars has changed, he got older etc etc etc. but if he delivers... well he is a legend (but we already know this) So all in all couple outings after 6 years of absence in WRC means nothing, just nothing

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    My crystal ball says that he will get lucky and most of guys will retire or make some minor mistakes. He will be there slowly behid and climbing to the top.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    My crystal ball says that he will get lucky and most of guys will retire or make some minor mistakes. He will be there slowly behid and climbing to the top.
    He's certainly chosen the 3 events wisely, where the car generally worked well last year and the team will have good data/setups.

Would be great to see him challenge at the top but the fact he's even back for these events is the main thing. Will be a great extra buzz for the WRC.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    The question might be 'How good is Loeb at 43 years of age in a wrc citroen rally car'?
    I'm more concerned for Elena after his dakar problems.