Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Kankkunen was utterly crap on tarmac, thus far away in any kind of discussions what concerns Loeb The Great. No other comes close of beating everyone else on his way, mastering all surfaces. Just look at his win ratio. And the competition was there, he just demolished them in a way that everybody thinks the opposition was weak. It wasn't. Without him you would praise Grönholm as the best ever. He demolished him. Period.
    My post was an aswer to this:

2) He won 9 titles, and before him the driver who won more title was Makinen who won less then a half and has been a bit lucky for some of them.

Just correcting that Mäkinen and Kankkunen both had 4 titles.

2. Likes: cali (31st January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mise View Post
    My post was an aswer to this:

2) He won 9 titles, and before him the driver who won more title was Makinen who won less then a half and has been a bit lucky for some of them.

Just correcting that Mäkinen and Kankkunen both had 4 titles.
    Yes you were right, my mistake I didn't wrote Kankkunen in that sentence. Thanks for having pointed it out. As you said the argument remain the same but of course kankkunen should have been there.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    To answer your question. Yes, he was good.

5. Likes: pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    To answer your question. Yes, he was good.
    I say very good and a nice guy.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyros View Post
    I say very good and a nice guy.
    Not so nice that he would allow other Citroen drivers to compete with the same engine output or without contractual restrictions.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Not so nice that he would allow other Citroen drivers to compete with the same engine output or without contractual restrictions.
    like Ogier?

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    It's nice to make up stories out of nowhere to try to make people look at the past in a different way, isn't it? I wonder if you say this to justify the only time your golden boy Ogier was defeated...

10. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2018)
    Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Since I can not create any interest in discussion, I get to answer myself.
    After winning 78 WRC rally over a relatively short period of time, what is it that possibly is very illogical?
    That he, in the same period, is the one with the most 2 places too?
    This may be what distinguishes Loeb (and possibly Ogier) from all his competitors. He only tried to win whenever he cold. Would the contest for first place with a high probability bring great opportunities for a run-off and thus 0 points, he did not, like his competitors would, tried until it said bang.

This should, for example, Meek learn from. Try to win with a car that most likely belongs at 3-4-5 place is completely unbelievable, and stubid. Your back feeling will tell you when the limit is reached. Or put it another way, it should.
    If not, he will not, can not, take up the battle with Ogier. Not him either.
    Ogier really impressed me last season. He could even endure in some rally end up behind one in the same team.

12. Likes: cali (1st February 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    It's nice to make up stories out of nowhere to try to make people look at the past in a different way, isn't it? I wonder if you say this to justify the only time your golden boy Ogier was defeated...
    No made-up story. Sordo and Ogier would have won Spain on separate occasions had orders / engine management not been applied. I can't wait for Petter's biography when he can tell his own story about the Citroen mechanics 'interventions' on his hire car when ever Loeb was out of the running. I am not saying Loeb wasn't a briliant driver but he wasn't the Mr Nice Guy that his PR has led many to believe
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No made-up story. Sordo and Ogier would have won Spain on separate occasions had orders / engine management not been applied. I can't wait for Petter's biography when he can tell his own story about the Citroen mechanics 'interventions' on his hire car when ever Loeb was out of the running. I am not saying Loeb wasn't a briliant driver but he wasn't the Mr Nice Guy that his PR has led many to believe

cool story bro...