Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    the first seasons, the citroen was not overly dominant, and that's when the competition was the hardest in terms of manu and drivers, and yet he won on the championship on his 2nd full season? (correct me if i'm wrong) and only missed out to be champion the season before by 1 point.
    So overall maybe the seasons after he had an "easy" ride but i would say his career start was the most impressive in terms of speed and raw talent... and the only one to match that in the modern era is Ogier in my opinion

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    and the only one to match that in the modern era is Ogier in my opinion
    yes, but if people consider Loebs titles were because of the lesser competition which included 3 world champions (and 6 in 2003 were he was 1 point short and after team orders) then what can we say about Ogier who won all of his against zero world champions ?
    Last edited by N.O.T; 27th January 2018 at 16:49.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sebastian Loeb is still a great driver. He won't be participating throughout the whole season so hopefully it's already 6 titles to Sebastian Ogier! I personally love him.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Here is why Loeb is the best driver of all times:

1) He won a number of stages, rallys and world championship that other didn't even arrive near. Also, in terms of percentage between stages and stage wins/rallys rally-wins.

2) He won 9 titles, and before him the driver who won more title was Makinen who won less then a half and has been a bit lucky for some of them.

3) He won one championship missing nearly half of the events.

4) He destroyed the old school, won against the top drivers of his era and didn't allow young guns to do the same against him.

5) He changed the identity of rally driving. We judge a driver in a different way after him. Young boys learn to drive in a different way comparing to 90s or 80s.

What should have he done more than this not to be overrated?

5. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)
    Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    who is better than Loeb then ?
    There's 3 ways to answer this one.

1. Kankkunen, Mäkinen and Ogier.
    Just the names, no arguments. Your answer will then be something about my medication.

2. No one.
    And you will say nothing

3. The most interesting way: Let's say Loeb had driven for the tenth title with Ogier and lost.
    Who would then be the greatest driver in your opinion? And why?

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Here is why Loeb is the best driver of all times:

1) He won a number of stages, rallys and world championship that other didn't even arrive near. Also, in terms of percentage between stages and stage wins/rallys rally-wins.

2) He won 9 titles, and before him the driver who won more title was Makinen who won less then a half and has been a bit lucky for some of them.

3) He won one championship missing nearly half of the events.

4) He destroyed the old school, won against the top drivers of his era and didn't allow young guns to do the same against him.

5) He changed the identity of rally driving. We judge a driver in a different way after him. Young boys learn to drive in a different way comparing to 90s or 80s.

What should have he done more than this not to be overrated?
    2) and Kankkunen. Doesn't take anything away from your arguments, just to get your facts straight.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Joe strikes me as a Ken Block fan...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I dont find Loeb impressive in either WTCC or in Rallycross RX, And you can easily see that he is not at good racing in traffic. Yes Loeb finished in third place one point behind Muller in WTCC 2015 but he also quite a lot of mistakes during his sejour in the WTCC, And you could see that he struggled while racing in traffic. His second place at Le Mans in 2006 was pretty damn impressive, And to be honest i think Loeb would have performed better if he had taken a career at endurance racing instead of touring cars or rallycross. Loeb is without a doubt one of the all time greats in motorsport, But i would say that he had an easy competition in the WRC between 2004-2012, And during this period Citroen was like what Ferrari was in F1 in the early 2000s.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Joe strikes me as a Ken Block fan...
    Lol what?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr View Post
    And during this period Citroen was like what Ferrari was in F1 in the early 2000s.
    Citroën was were they were thanks to Loeb, I think... In 2003 Citroën attracted both Sainz and McRae, some of the greatest drivers of that era, and both couldn't do what Loeb did, while he was doing his very first full season in a WRCar. So to answer the question in the title, Loeb was the greatest rally driver of all time (for me), and the current top drivers wouldn't be at the level they're at now, if Loeb hadn't been there those years. What he has done in other disciplines is irrelevant, Raikkonen and Kubica tried rallying, failed to achieve what they wanted, but that doesn't make them any worse in F1.

12. Likes: Adler (28th January 2018),AL14 (28th January 2018),dimviii (27th January 2018)