Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    So when Loeb wins, there was competition. When anyone else wins, there was no competition. Got it.

2. Likes: stefanvv (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Here we go again selective reading skills at it's finest. Crap in asphalt, didn't call him overall like that. Mentioned he's a great driver but lacking asphalt skills. Really hard to understand? A complete driver has to master all the surfaces and KKK was nowhere near the best pace in asphalt. Thus should not be mentioned in a discussion best ever.
    Seriously, how retard are you? I mean... I get that you're an Estonian and all that, but Jesus Christ... have you ever noticed or heard, that the guys competing for the title in the 80's PICKED the rallies they entered? In an era where it would make no sense from the rules perspective to enter all events, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    It's quite weird that you lower your standards so low as comparing a driver with almost a 4 times less rally wins, below average in tarmac to the only guy who has 46% win ratio, 12% retirement ratio
    And you idiot compare the retirement ratio of 2000's with one of 80's and 90's? And you count rally wins? I bet Timo Mäkinen won more rallies than Loeb did. How's that?

And yes, I also think that Loeb is the best there ever was, but how utterly mentally challenged you have to be, if your case is based on pure numbers in a sport that has been revolutionized a few times during the time period we all should be looking at?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

4. Likes: pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    So when Loeb wins, there was competition. When anyone else wins, there was no competition. Got it.
    thats your conclusion,not mine.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Seriously, how retard are you? I mean... I get that you're an Estonian and all that, but Jesus Christ... have you ever noticed or heard, that the guys competing for the title in the 80's PICKED the rallies they entered? In an era where it would make no sense from the rules perspective to enter all events, you know?

And you idiot compare the retirement ratio of 2000's with one of 80's and 90's? And you count rally wins? I bet Timo Mäkinen won more rallies than Loeb did. How's that?

And yes, I also think that Loeb is the best there ever was, but how utterly mentally challenged you have to be, if your case is based on pure numbers in a sport that has been revolutionized a few times during the time period we all should be looking at?
    Go insult people somewhere else or start practicing sport to free some endorphins and let us discuss things in a civil way.

7. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (30th January 2018),EstWRC (30th January 2018),focus206 (30th January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),seb_sh (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Go insult people somewhere else or start practicing sport to free some endorphins and let us discuss things in a civil way.
    Comparing numbers ain't discussing.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

9. Likes: pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    thats your conclusion,not mine.
    That's the only conclusion that could be drawn based on the evidence as you've presented it. Your unwillingness or inability to entertain, let alone accept, an alternate opinion to your own makes it very difficult to have a reasonable discussion. I've admitted that I'm no fan of Loeb, and also stated that he's undoubtedly one of the greatest rally drivers who has ever lived, but that doesn't seem to be enough. I get the impression that I could post on this forum stating that the sky was blue and you'd find a way to disagree. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I, and that is after all, the point of these forums.

That's the only conclusion that could be drawn based on the evidence as you've presented it. Your unwillingness or inability to entertain, let alone accept, an alternate opinion to your own makes it very difficult to have a reasonable discussion. I've admitted that I'm no fan of Loeb, and also stated that he's undoubtedly one of the greatest rally drivers who has ever lived, but that doesn't seem to be enough. I get the impression that I could post on this forum stating that the sky was blue and you'd find a way to disagree. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I, and that is after all, the point of these forums.
    i am not telling my opinion,i give facts.

12. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018)
    Your unwillingness or inability to entertain, let alone accept, an alternate opinion to your own makes it very difficult to have a reasonable discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i am not telling my opinion,i give facts.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.
    good,but you failed to show us where was the ''no competition'' at these years.

15. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    You're entitled to your opinion. But obviously when you state the reasons behind your opinion, someone of a different opinion will tell you why they think you're wrong. For example, I counter your statement that Loeb had no competition in 2009-2012 by saying that you're completely ignoring and understimating Hirvonen and later Ogier. Nobody says "Loeb faced the fiercest of competitions ever seen in WRC between 2009 and 2012" but saying that he had no competition and that those were easy titles for him is wrong in my opinion.