Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    who is better ?
    Neuville

2. Likes: cali (29th January 2018),N.O.T (27th January 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    You could write a university thesis on this subject.

The whole beauty of different eras is that you simply can't compare. And it's only opinions anyway.

I actually do wonder whether Ogier might be better. Ask me in another couple of years.

One thing that would be quite cool to do is to compare two seasons in terms of driving talent and factory teams/machinery.
    Last edited by Simmi; 27th January 2018 at 14:17.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I actually do wonder whether Ogier might be better. Ask me in another couple of years.
    i dont remember Loeb winning championships while he was slower from his teamates or from drivers from other teams.
    Always faster,at all his championships.

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th January 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i dont remember Loeb winning championships while he was slower from his teamates or from drivers from other teams.
    Always faster,at all his championships.
    This is why it's impossible to answer. Because to me I think last year's title strengthened Ogier's legacy. To you it must surely have weakened it.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Loeb has set never before seen standards of clean, fast and reliable driving. And no one has managed to do the same yet, not even ogier.

What both sebs have in common, is blinding speed in the beginning of their career, and smart driving later on. They started trying to win every stage, and ended going only for the championship.

8. Likes: Simmi (27th January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    To you it must surely have weakened it.
    yes and i told you why.
    Loeb never waited for others mistakes to be crowned champion,while hehad the less stage wins at any year.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

What both sebs have in common, is blinding speed in the beginning of their career, and smart driving later on. They started trying to win every stage, and ended going only for the championship.
    Loeb at his last championship was winning stages as at his first years.

last years stats here
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/season/2012/
    Last edited by dimviii; 27th January 2018 at 14:48.

11. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr View Post
    In my opinion Loeb is an amazing Rally driver, But he is also overwhelmingly overrated. If you look at the competition he had during 2004-2012 in the WRC it was rather weak overall with only Gronhom, Solberg, Martin, Sainz, Hirvonen and Latvala as true challengers to his titles. And during this period was there few manufactures in the WRC and Citroen was far ahead of any other manufactures during this period of time. Do you think Loeb would have been a 9 time WRC champ if he had competed from 1992-2003 instead? And if we look at Loeb´s performances in the WTCC and the WRX Loeb has not been overly impressive, And it seems like he struggles to race in traffic. Do you think its fair of me to say that Loeb is overrated as a driver?
    Given that it doesn't really make sense judging a rally driver over its performances in other motorsports... Loeb in WTCC hasn't been overly impressive? Finishing one point behind Yvan Muller, a legend of touring car racing, in his second season? Plus as it was already said, 2nd place in Le Mans 24h... I'd like to see rally drivers doing better than that.
    What I find impressive about Loeb is his speed straight out of the box, when he was a rookie. With a partial program in the newborn Xsara WRC in 2002, already winning Deutschland and almost winning Monte against drivers like Gronholm, Burns, Panizzi, McRae, Sainz, Makinen, Solberg and 6 other works teams... and then fighting for the title already in 2003. And then winning 9 consecutive titles after that.

13. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)
    Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    I got 2 things that lessen his greatness in my eyes.

1. The lack of tarmac drivers during his 9 tittles. he always had those 3 or 4 tarmac rallies, since there was no one near him in tarmac.
    And that means drivers who were fighting for the title, not one rally.

2 We never saw the Ogier vs Loeb battle for the tittle in a different team.

On the other hand his neat driving style and the amount driving errors (almost none) makes him one of the best for sure

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mise View Post
    I got 2 things that lessen his greatness in my eyes.

1. The lack of tarmac drivers during his 9 tittles. he always had those 3 or 4 tarmac rallies, since there was no one near him in tarmac.
    And that means drivers who were fighting for the title, not one rally.

2 We never saw the Ogier vs Loeb battle for the tittle in a different team.

On the other hand his neat driving style and the amount driving errors (almost none) makes him one of the best for sure
    who is better than Loeb then ?

16. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)