Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

How good is Sebastien Loeb?

In my opinion Loeb is an amazing Rally driver, But he is also overwhelmingly overrated. If you look at the competition he had during 2004-2012 in the WRC it was rather weak overall with only Gronhom, Solberg, Martin, Sainz, Hirvonen and Latvala as true challengers to his titles. And during this period was there few manufactures in the WRC and Citroen was far ahead of any other manufactures during this period of time. Do you think Loeb would have been a 9 time WRC champ if he had competed from 1992-2003 instead? And if we look at Loeb´s performances in the WTCC and the WRX Loeb has not been overly impressive, And it seems like he struggles to race in traffic. Do you think its fair of me to say that Loeb is overrated as a driver?

2. Likes: A FONDO (27th January 2018)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Can of worms

4. Likes: Myrvold (27th January 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr View Post
    In my opinion Loeb is an amazing Rally driver, But he is also overwhelmingly overrated. If you look at the competition he had during 2004-2012 in the WRC it was rather weak overall with only Gronhom, Solberg, Martin, Sainz, Hirvonen and Latvala as true challengers to his titles. And during this period was there few manufactures in the WRC and Citroen was far ahead of any other manufactures during this period of time. Do you think Loeb would have been a 9 time WRC champ if he had competed from 1992-2003 instead? And if we look at Loeb´s performances in the WTCC and the WRX Loeb has not been overly impressive, And it seems like he struggles to race in traffic. Do you think its fair of me to say that Loeb is overrated as a driver?
    who is better ?

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    You can only beat what's in front of you, which he did. Add in his neat driving style, his few mistakes, plus his willingness to go outside his comfort zone and try different series makes him on another level. He finished 2nd in his second attempt at Le Mans in 2006 with very little experience; I doubt many other WRC drivers could do that.
    He's been the best 'all round' driver competing over the last 10+ years. Which is why I have huge respect for Alonso trying other races as well.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

7. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Imho he is one of the best but not the best of all time. He was the best driver in the weakest era. I have no doubt he would have been WC in any era but not as dominant say if he was competing in group b or the 90s

9. Likes: A FONDO (27th January 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Agree with that. In Dakar he would be nowhere if there wasn't huge money in Peugeot. Same as Ogier. He have only one challenger at the VW. Hyundai was in development state, M-Sport a little back with no money. Citroen doesn't bother to real challenge.

We will see this year how good he is with that crappy bouncy car. Oh right he will drive only those ones who suit C3... And there we go again with those frenchmens.

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    I really hate that he retired the year Ogier got in the Polo. The 4 rallies they contested together that year have shown us how brilliant of a battle it could've been.
    Viola ad oltranza...

12. Likes: spark13 (27th January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Loeb overrated? What should have he done more than he did to be considered the best of all times?

14. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    What's the point of this thread? Surely 2017 and 2018 are the best seasons in a very, very long time i.e. the teams are more level and we have the most competitive drivers since the Sainz, McRae, Burns, Grönholm, Solberg, Martin days.

Yet, nothing will take away from 9 titles. The man was as class as it was boring to watch him win constantly.

16. Likes: cali (29th January 2018),Mirek (28th January 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    He was pretty damn good.