Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Yep. Close thread. We now know his status and I disagree with Mintexmemory. If rejecting a guy who is among the three fastest drivers in Corsica, just tells me the evaluation is wrong.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: dimviii (10th April 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Yep. Close thread. We now know his status and I disagree with Mintexmemory. If rejecting a guy who is among the three fastest drivers in Corsica, just tells me the evaluation is wrong.
    dont bother with Loeb haters.

4. Likes: cali (11th April 2018),EstWRC (10th April 2018),Jarek Z (16th April 2018),Rallyper (10th April 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Nailed on to win in Spain and will probably do so, bowing out of the season in great fashion.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i think we can close this thread now? no?
    Not yet!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Still got the natural talent but the reflexes and concentration appear to have faded - one more event to come and I stick to my prediction of no podium from the project. It would have been great to see a full season battle in 2014 but it seems that while SL is capable of better pace over any given stage than most of the current drivers it is no longer within a comfort zone of driving.

Well if you sussed that his "reflexes and concentration" have "faded" from you couch...what explains it when younger guys--with those lightning reflexes amateurs love to pontificate about----when they screw up and end up in a ditch?

As always, some review of the competition you did to arrive at your opinions would help us weigh your pronunciamentos
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 23rd April 2018 at 18:02.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

8. Likes: Rallyper (11th April 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    interesting interview with Elena
    here are some parts.They are from google translate.

In the group of Saturday night, Tänak comes to you saying: "It's been 5 years that we train, it's been 5 years since you're gone and you are ahead of us, what the ..." This inspires you a special feeling ? That he was beaten by a small fat (Editor's note: laughs). Things have changed since we left. We talked about it on the road with Seb. In fact, they play it almost all star system. They ride mechanics every time they come out of the car, the perfect hairstyle, the glasses on the nose, and so on. Just before the Power Stage, we watched them, all were watching the first pass video to check what they could have possibly avoided or improved. We do not care. I was the only one who did not have the notebook. Okay, maybe if we play the championship, we will review the special with Seb on the road. But not watch the video. The old man has an excellent visual memory. But what have they become psychopaths ... I also find that the atmosphere is tense between them. It was different before.
    Disappointed? No, but I have the impression that they all think of F1 drivers, which does not detract from their talent, but they are their star. Personally, I have never been. I just had the chance to live my passion. I take pleasure when I roll, without confusing my brain. They give the impression of the opposite. Sure, I would not like to see them every day. We have only one life: profi tons!
    Are you proud of your "perf" of the weekend? No, we have become too professional: we stopped to change a wheel when we would never have done it before. I'm a wanker, for once I wanted to work, do well and we did a very bad job. So no, I'm not proud to finish 5th because we were shot on a wheel change. We were physically bad because we were totally disorganized and had not been trained to do it.
    It will be done for the Tour de Corse ... No, otherwise it will bring us bad luck. By cons, with the team, we will address two or three essential points. Same with Seb in the organization of the car. When we both arrived in the wheel-change box, he took some equipment that I normally have to load and vice versa. It quickly stuck.

http://www.mathieuanneproduction.com...V-Elena_v1.pdf

10. Likes: AnttiL (16th April 2018),danon (16th April 2018),Jarek Z (16th April 2018),Micke_VOC (26th April 2018),Mirek (16th April 2018),Sso (17th April 2018),TWRC (17th April 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Just before the Power Stage, we watched them, all were watching the first pass video to check what they could have possibly avoided or improved. We do not care. I was the only one who did not have the notebook.
    I pointed this out numerous times, that current drivers watch vids of the stages so much they end up remembering almost every corner.

Loeb said also when he raced full time that he is very good at memorizing stages.

Anyway in Mexico as Elena claims they were the only ones who didn't watch the first pass before second and ended 6th (without Ogier penalty) with quite large gap to 5th. In Corsica the PS was ran just once and Loeb +Elena ended 2nd. Could off course be coincidence/road position/form.

-------------------------------------

On related note I was ridiculed by you multiple times for pointing out just how much memorizing and vid-watching there is. Starting in Monte 2017 when Ogier claimed he knew the corner where he went off had open field on the outside. "Impossible", "Ogier lies", "So many corners on a rally nobody can remember them". Oh well

12. Likes: danon (16th April 2018),Jarek Z (16th April 2018),leighton323 (17th April 2018)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I pointed this out numerous times, that current drivers watch vids of the stages so much they end up remembering almost every corner.

Loeb said also when he raced full time that he is very good at memorizing stages.
    That's true. If you read Loeb's book, there is certain chapter in it, where Loeb describes this phenomenon. It's quite funny, behause Loeb says he thought all the drivers had the same ability. But one day he was talking to his team mate (I think it was Sordo, but I'm not sure) about some dangerous spots on the next stage and suddenly he realized that other drivers had no idea what spot he was talking about, because they couldn't memorize the stage as good as he did

Bu the way, it's a great book. I bought it without big expectations and was surprised at how interesting it was. The Polish edition that I read is called "Moj styl jazdy" ("My driving style") and it looks like this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sebastien-L...A9bastien+Loeb
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 16th April 2018 at 21:26.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

14. Likes: cali (18th April 2018),danon (16th April 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    listen carefully at the end
    "I Loeb you"
    "I Loeb you to"
    It's a really strong marriage of long time rally fans.
    https://youtu.be/4oqfyyEiSHA
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    That's true. If you read Loeb's book, there is certain chapter in it, where Loeb describes this phenomenon. It's quite funny, behause Loeb says he thought all the drivers had the same ability. But one day he was talking to his team mate (I think it was Sordo, but I'm not sure) about some dangerous spots on the next stage and suddenly he realized that other drivers had no idea what spot he was talking about, because they couldn't memorize the stage as good as he did

Bu the way, it's a great book. I bought it without big expectations and was surprised at how interesting it was. The Polish edition that I read is called "Moj styl jazdy" ("My driving style") and it looks like this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sebastien-L...A9bastien+Loeb
    Need that book in English

17. Likes: A FONDO (20th April 2018),electroliquid (18th April 2018),EstWRC (18th April 2018),gorganl2000 (18th April 2018),janvanvurpa (23rd April 2018),Jarek Z (22nd April 2018),racerx1979 (18th April 2018),sindroms (18th April 2018)