Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    You called someone autistic with the idea of calling him/her stupid. Isn't that kind of calling autistic people stupid?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    to be honest if i saw a person making fun of a disabled person would consider him quite a low life...

but in our everyday lives we use words like idiot, stupid, retarded, wanker and other words which we mean in a negative meaning but if we actually saw a person with the condition we would not use that word...
    You're the only person I know that uses 'autistic' as an insult. The irony is that you display plenty of the characteristics of autism.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post
    You called someone autistic with the idea of calling him/her stupid. Isn't that kind of calling autistic people stupid?
    the problem is you used the word stupid.... so you consider the word stupid to be defamatory and bad... so you consider people that are less intelligent to be inferior or a bad thing... does that consist of a hate crime against less intelligent people ?

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    You're the only person I know that uses 'autistic' as an insult. The irony is that you display plenty of the characteristics of autism.
    again... you use the word autism to make me feel bad... is that a hate crime ?

as i said i never said anything bad about people with disability i am just using that word to note certain behaviors...

친애하는 지도자
    so how often a word is used by the public makes it worse ?

for example the word retarded/stupid/idiot is used very frequently that means that saying someone retarded is ok and you do not express any hate towards the condition, while using a less frequent word is bad ?

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    the problem is you used the word stupid
    but calling someone autistic is like calling someone an idiot or stupid...
    Calling a person stupid is just rude. Calling a group of people stupid is at least near hate speech and doing so based on disability is simply idiotic.

again... you use the word autism to make me feel bad... is that a hate crime ?
    To make you feel bad? No. It's just ironic.

so how often a word is used by the public makes it worse ?
    No. You used examples of words that 'we use everyday', the word 'autistic' doesn't fit in that category.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post
    Calling a person stupid is just rude. Calling a group of people stupid is at least near hate speech and doing so based on disability is simply idiotic.
    but that is the point i never called autistic people anything... i just used the word... the fact that you perceive it in a negative way has nothing to do with me.

친애하는 지도자
    No. You used examples of words that 'we use everyday', the word 'autistic' doesn't fit in that category.
    so what is the difference between using a word we use every day and a word we do not use every day ?

as i said calling someone retarded is less severe than calling someone autistic ? they are both bad... but we use them, that does not mean we express any hate towards the group of people affected.

we use them to note certain behaviors...

its the same thing if we see someone bump his head on a sign post and ask them "are you blind ??? " does this mean we hate blind people ? no... we note a behavior that a blind person might have...
    Last edited by N.O.T; 26th January 2018 at 23:06.

so what is the difference between using a word we use every day and a word we do not use every day ?
    I'm not arguing one way or another, I'm just saying that your logic is flawed.

BTW I'd still have an issue with you calling people 'retard' as well. I used to do the same myself (use it derogatorily), not proud of it.