Thread: Renault F1

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Renault F1

Will Renault be able to narrow down the gap to the top teams and fight at the front this season?

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Not according to Renault's top man Cyril Abiteboul !
    "2017 was a year of progression and 2018 has to be the same, another year of progression, another year of construction," he told Crash.net. "By the end of the year we want to say the construction phase is over, it was a three-year phase from 2016 to 2018, and now the next phase will be about attacking the top teams. We need to accept that we can’t be perfect everywhere and things take time but at the same time we have to show we are in the right trajectory."

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...s-construction
    With an improved driver line-up, and steady progress they should be in better shape than last season, and have a good chance of narrowing the gap a little. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Tazio; 21st January 2018 at 19:19.
    May the forza be with you

3. Likes: N. Jones (1st February 2018)
    Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Last year the gap between the top 3 teams and the midfield was huge. It will be closer in 2018, but I don't think any midfield team - especially Renualt - can dominate its closest rivals and can setup their strategies to upset the front-runners and fight for regular podium positions.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [RMC]Pip View Post
    Last year the gap between the top 3 teams and the midfield was huge. It will be closer in 2018, but I don't think any midfield team - especially Renualt - can dominate its closest rivals and can setup their strategies to upset the front-runners and fight for regular podium positions.
    If that's something so easily predictable, Renault should just sell its F1 team right now. I doubt their goal was to race behind Force India and Williams.

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    I agree with Tazzy - They are going to make steady progress back toward the top. It will be nice to watch.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [RMC]Pip View Post
    Last year the gap between the top 3 teams and the midfield was huge. It will be closer in 2018,
    Why do you think that? I would say that it could get even bigger. Good teams get even better, mediocre and poor struggle in their misery.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I hope so. I would love to see Renault or another team (maybe Mclaren) mix it up. F1 has been stuck in a similar situation since 2014 due to Merc's domination. Ferrari & Red Bull have closed up but we need a fresh story
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

9. Likes: Tazio (11th February 2018)