Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Ogier must have near zero experience with moto-cross and mx jumps...Fortunately I have 20 years experince and I feel sorry for him so I will help him with his misunderstanding...
    First not all jumps are taken 100% full gas...especially at very high speeds...

Now in nearly every car there is a big lump in the floor between the other guy--the co-driver (who can remind him of things approaching like mx jumps--a huge aide memoire I never had) and that lump in the floor means there is only one person's foot on the gas pedal: HIS.

This means he alone decides how fast the car goes..and he can do things to prevent damage from stupid things like jumps...and for that matter walls, and cars and trees and the earth itself...
    The gas goes down, but it also can come up..
    Problem solved...somebody should make sure this message is forwarded to him since he's obviously unaware of the solution..

Or! he could take up circuit racing on ass-fault and be happier...a perfect surface for the perfect man..

Man-made jumps are stupid and that is a fact. They don`t last "mistreating", are usually built under a stupid degree etc.

2. Likes: HenryEST (8th June 2018),Mirek (8th June 2018),the sniper (9th June 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Järveoja

"Regular jump, nothing dramatical about it that we should have retired. The jump was made by organizers and we run through it on shakedown and also this morning, so four passes everything was okay"

"There was a small hole (after the jump) and our underbody protection got stuck in it and it came off the car. Radiator got damaged and the fluid came out"

"We have to make our underbody protection stronger" refering that the same issue was in Portugal.

Ott Tänak (Driver car 8)
    “On the final stage of the day we had a bad landing which caused some damage to the car and forced us to stop. The impact caught us by surprise quite a bit because we have driven this section of road four times now, including the shakedown yesterday and the first pass this morning, and I always had the same approach. Therefore it’s difficult to explain why it happened. It’s a tough moment and a big setback. Even though I hadn’t had a perfect feeling with the car today, we were doing OK and we were still in the fight, so it’s a big shame to have to retire from the day with this kind of issue. It makes our title chase really hard now, but we will try to win every other rally from here.”

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...rd07-day2.html

video from different angle, at 1:56 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGpHR8ip4A
    Last edited by EstWRC; 8th June 2018 at 21:38.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (8th June 2018),dimviii (8th June 2018),RS (9th June 2018),TWRC (9th June 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Passats de canto video

https://youtu.be/S24jDevR1GE

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    The jump was bad at shakedown too and as more cars go over it the more kick it gets since the angle is too step.
    Tanak at 1:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me9_qpG5xNI
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Man-made jumps are stupid and that is a fact. They don`t last "mistreating", are usually built under a stupid degree etc.
    Oh I agree 100%.. 20+ years of hitting man made jumps for hours 2 to 4 times a week I know how stupid they are...cost me over 50mm in height from spinal compressions!

But that does not change the simple fact that there IS a simple solution...control the speed hitting them

Man made houses are stupid and a fact and they don't last mistreating either, that's why most of us on SS try to avoid hitting them..

(my main point was basically "fawk me, fawkin Ogier fawkin whining again?? Fawk him..." There, was that clearer?)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (8th June 2018)
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Lets hope we get a real battle between Neuville and Ogier for the rest of the weekend. I can't remember them having a real close battle for the win.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

11. Likes: A FONDO (9th June 2018)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    All I was saying earlier is that this sympathy for Tanak and his 'weak Toyota' is unnecessary.

He took a chance to move from M-Sport and there was no guarantee of a better car at Toyota. He took a risk and its not paid off.

Plus I believe Wilson wouldve treated him fairly and if he was faster than Ogier he would be allowed to fight him for the Title.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    No it's because he is treated like he is the only out there others are not that important.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Lets hope we get a real battle between Neuville and Ogier for the rest of the weekend. I can't remember them having a real close battle for the win.
    Hah, now that I think about it, you're right. It's rare to see those 2 in a battle, usually when one is leading, the other is further back. But with 19s of difference, Ogier needs to make a mistake / have some troubles for the battle to take place... unless Thierry starts flying.