Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    with Veiby hot moment at start
    https://youtu.be/ukbKQ5fvTqo

2. Likes: Mirek (10th June 2018),Rallyper (10th June 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    If It's true that the knock from hitting the rock broke the battery It's just a freak accident really
    Surely! But it's a freak accident that shouldn't happen, like the suspension breaking the engine on Latvala's car in Argentina.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    If It's true that the knock from hitting the rock broke the battery It's just a freak accident really
    the rock didnt hit the battery,hit the alternator that stopped to charge the battery

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Surely! But it's a freak accident that shouldn't happen, like the suspension breaking the engine on Latvala's car in Argentina.
    Toyota obviosuly has an issue when under compression. The engine and cooling components sit fairly low which is great for COG, but you compromise with clearance. They have damaged a sh!t load of components under hard compression or hitting rocks which the other cars have done and gotten away with.

It seems they will have to modify the front of the car. The car seems to be only good on smooth flowing roads similar to that of Finnish roads, but that does not cut it to be WRC champs.

Also that big rock on SS16 in the middle of the road was odd, but maybe the cars digged up this 30lb boulder??

6. Likes: EstWRC (10th June 2018),Jeppe (10th June 2018),KKS (10th June 2018),Mirek (10th June 2018)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    I think it's a same fairytale as Citroen care about Meeke safety. It's surely some issue with a car, but for PR reasons they blame a rock.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    the rock didnt hit the battery,hit the alternator that stopped to charge the battery
    I didn't say it hit the battery but the knock probably damaged the battery internally which is not very common. Julian was told it was the battery in the studio and from what i saw they weren't working near the alternator. Sounds correct since they couldn't even push start it with help.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    I didn't say it hit the battery but the knock probably damaged the battery internally which is not very common. Julian was told it was the battery in the studio and from what i saw they weren't working near the alternator. Sounds correct since they couldn't even push start it with help.
    He did say something about "today's batteries are very good" in the autosport article; maybe I didn't pay too close attention to the article but I thought that quote was a little out of place compared to the other stuff he said, so maybe I read it wrong and he spoke about the battery taking a knock.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Good evening from New Zealand, could be an interesting few hours coming up
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

11. Likes: Rallyper (10th June 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Their press release mentions alternator problem https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...rd07-day3.html

and:

" We are still investigating exactly what happened, but we know that he had low battery voltage when he got to the end of the stage"

"I got to the end of the stage, but we had an alternator warning and eventually we ran out of battery on the road section."

EDIT: All Live interview this morning says they don't know exacty what went wrong.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 10th June 2018 at 08:19.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    Good evening from New Zealand, could be an interesting few hours coming up
    And good evening to you from a few hours further south.