Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
The stewards decision, under the section "Reason", reads as follows:

"WRC Art. 2.13 clearly states that the "... receipt by the crew of any manufactured materials (solid or liquid..." is not allowed."

Well, actually, no motherfucker. It states that "The use or receipt by the crew of any manutfactured materials (solid or liquid, unless supplied by the organizers)..." is prohibited. Nice try leaving that part out, as if nobody would consult the fucking rulebook. Obviously the timecard is supplied by the organizers.

The stewards' decision continues, "the time card was handed over at a regroup, which appears to have been permitted under WRC Art. 48.2.2 unless it is a regroup before a Power Stage, which was the case here"

So let's consult the rulebook again. Rule 48.2.2 reads, "The passing of food, drink, clothing and information (data card, road book, etc.) to or from the crew when located in the zone is permitted:
-in tyre fitting zones, in light fitting zones from the personnel authorised in the zone only;
-in service parks, at regroups or whilst the cars are in a media zone."

However, I cannot find any reference to not being allowed to receive materials at a regroup specifically before a power stage. I don't know where this is coming from.

Once again, I can see absolutely zero justification for Ogier/Ingrassia being handed ANY penalty whatsoever, suspended or otherwise. I hope they will appeal and I hope that the FIA will clean up this legal mess that they created through their complete incompetence. But since the FIA are clearly borderline retarded, I don't hold out much hope.
I think, though in more humble words, that this is the correct assement of the situation.

(If Tanak shouldn´t have brought the timecard, Ogier had to go back to stage end (outside timezon) and let Ingrassa run and fetch the timecard. That, may have been a late in to the next timecontrol, with 20 secs penalt every minute, which should have been the only bad outcome of the mistake)