Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.co...al-2018-route/

Route preview, not much changes, but trying to come up with something worth saying of the stages.

2. Likes: EstWRC (30th April 2018),steve.mandzij (30th April 2018)
    Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Someone knows where is the spot in the video at 2:30?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEWgPWJzIA
    It is labeled as Vieira do Minho, but is some spectacle zone or near of some?

Thanks a lot!

When does the entry list come out?

5. Likes: pantealex (2nd May 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.co...al-2018-route/
    Route preview, not much changes, but trying to come up with something worth saying of the stages.
    Nice stuff AnttiL, as usual!

I just miss the mention of Portugal being one of the 7 countries still holding a WRC event since the series beginning (1973). You’re right mentioning Fafe as the iconic stage of current Portugal Rally but it would make sense to also name Sintra and Arganil on the history part of your piece (just like the video does); those 3 areas were, for decades, the ‘holy trinity’ of our rally. Btw, the North to South route of the 80’s and 90’s rally never visited the Algarve (Faro) region; it was usually divided in two legs, the second including the unforgettable Arganil dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Meekefan View Post
    Someone knows where is the spot in the video at 2:30?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEWgPWJzIAIt is labeled as Vieira do Minho, but is some spectacle zone or near of some?
    Yep, it’s Vieira stage. The spot you’re asking looks to be right after the ‘Senhora da Fé’ spectacle zone (ZE) and you can access from the ZE by foot, through the hill. Around 1:15 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2551SV2SSyg
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: AnttiL (1st May 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (2nd May 2018),Rally Power (1st May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

I just miss the mention of Portugal being one of the 7 countries still holding a WRC event since the series beginning (1973). You’re right mentioning Fafe as the iconic stage of current Portugal Rally but it would make sense to also name Sintra and Arganil on the history part of your piece (just like the video does); those 3 areas were, for decades, the ‘holy trinity’ of our rally. Btw, the North to South route of the 80’s and 90’s rally never visited the Algarve (Faro) region; it was usually divided in two legs, the second including the unforgettable Arganil dawn.
    Thanks for the corrections, I updated my post a bit.

11. Likes: Rally Power (1st May 2018)
    Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Nice stuff AnttiL, as usual!

Yep, it’s Vieira stage. The spot you’re asking looks to be right after the ‘Senhora da Fé’ spectacle zone (ZE) and you can access from the ZE by foot, through the hill. Around 1:15 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2551SV2SSyg
    Thanks Rally Power.

Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    When does the entry list come out?
    so, nobody knows?

14. Likes: pantealex (4th May 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Will be a great event. I think Lappi is one to look out for in Portugal. He's done these stages before and should set some fastest times. JML needs to come back to reality and focus on a finnish (pun intended). Tanak will also be one to look out for... or in his own words "basically we just have to drive our rally"

The Fords claim to have issue with sandy surfaces, so I'm not sure how they will do in Portugal. Ogier will can easily win this event as he's done so many times in the past, but the other teams are also developing cars. Evans still having issues and way off pace. I don't see any reason why he would do any better in Portugal, but I sure hope he does.

Hyundais looking good. I think Sordo and Paddon will be trying hard to let Hyundai know who is best. Sordo has had some good events this year and has been fast on gravel so far. Paddon has been out of a WR car for too long so it will be interesting to see if he still has his pace. With all 4 cars in this event it will be interesting.

Citroen seems to be divided with Meeke loving the new rear end set up and Breen not so much. They will start with good road position so they can do well even though they will not be testing for this event. Meeke actually did some set up tests while in Argentina and had some high hopes for the new set up. Lets see where he lands. Breen confirmed that his roof and cage are good for future rolls.

Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts

17. Likes: AnttiL (4th May 2018),pantealex (4th May 2018),Rally Power (10th May 2018)