Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    michelin video day 2
    https://youtu.be/BUoMvsHzvTM

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    @TomCaveRally re Meeke
    Wow ! Relived they are both ok, but I do question the way the roll cage has folded down over the steering wheel ! I’ll be asking serious questions, they are lucky boys.
    I'm sorry to say that but this kind of damage is normal if there is a really big impact on the tree by the roof like this. The rollcage can not withstand everything. This kind of accidents is always extremely dangerous and it's very good that in modern cars the crew sits with their heads covered by the B-pillar.

3. Likes: AnttiL (19th May 2018),dimviii (19th May 2018),Rallyper (20th May 2018),TWRC (19th May 2018)
    at French forum they are talking about transmission and brake problems for Lefebvre.

Kris Meeke

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the delay in today's update, but I've only just got back to our hotel in Portugal. I was in hospital for a few hours after our accident - but all's fine. They just wanted to do some precautionary checks because I had some pain in my back and up round my neck.
    Thankfully everything's okay. They gave me the full MOT and signed me off, so that's good!
    After Friday's frustrations, I was really enjoying driving the Citroen C3 WRC today - really enjoying the rally, as I have done, in fact, apart from the punctures yesterday afternoon. But then I just turned into a fast left a little bit late, missed my line and got onto the loose gravel on the outside of the corner. And that was the end of that.

The consequences were pretty severe, because we ended up in some big trees, and the car certainly doesn't look so pretty (it will not surprise you to learn that we won't be out again tomorrow). I have to say thanks, in fact - to Citroen for building such a strong car, and to the medical staff who looked after me so well.
    It may seem strange to say it now, but we can move ahead from this event with positive thoughts. I've been like a scratched record saying this, I know, but I really was having fun driving the car here in Portugal. The feeling was excellent. So while we take a few aches and pains away from here instead of any points, I also have a positive feeling about how the C3 WRC is on gravel.

That said, if there is a God of averages, he's going to have to start doing something for us soon, because the last three or four rallies have really gone against us, for one reason or another.
    Today was my mistake, of course, so I'll take it on the chin and we'll move forwards to Sardinia.
    Thanks, as always, for your support,
    Kris

https://www.facebook.com/krismeeke

6. Likes: AnttiL (19th May 2018),Ha3aP (19th May 2018),Rallyper (20th May 2018),RS (19th May 2018),Sulland (19th May 2018)
    Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I'm sorry to say that but this kind of damage is normal if there is a really big impact on the tree by the roof like this. The rollcage can not withstand everything. This kind of accidents is always extremely dangerous and it's very good that in modern cars the crew sits with their heads covered by the B-pillar.
    Why is the cage at the B-pillar stronger than at the A-pillar, because its in the centre ?

because its supported from many other tubes(front ,rear,diagonal etc)

9. Likes: AnttiL (19th May 2018),cali (20th May 2018),TWRC (19th May 2018)
    Hayden Paddon
    6 ώρες ·
    Good to leave the hospital now. Big thanks to all the staff that helped on the stage and at the hospital, also our fellow competitors at the scene. Seb is all ok and with some rest & recuperation we’ll be good to go for Rally Sardegna. Obviously very disappointed in the result for the team and myself, but at same time no regrets. At this level the margins are so small and if we want to take it easy and drive round all the rocks/holes/bumps etc then we are outside the top 10. Modern day WRC is flat out and our apex of the corner was comprised by 10-15cm - that’s the margins we are talking, but at the same time, why we all love the WRC. Its good to know that we had strong pace, the feeling with the car is good and we are still positive for the future. Big thanks for all the messages of support - it’s very humbling. Now onwards and upwards!

https://www.facebook.com/haydenpaddo...60883603947422

11. Likes: AnttiL (19th May 2018),Rallyper (20th May 2018)
    just a photo from mini wrc cage where you can see how many tubes reinforced/attached to b pillar

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Why is the cage at the B-pillar stronger than at the A-pillar, because its in the centre ?
    Why I can't edit posts from a phone? It always deletes what I wrote completely...

As dimviii wrote plus also the bodyshell itself is stronger at B-pillar. The crew heads are shielded by the main arc which is the main and strongest structural part of the cage and also by the relatively strong B-pillar of the original shell.

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    C.Clark
    Very very pleased to say that I’ve just had a chat with Kris and Paul and they are both sounding and looking fine and have no after effects from this huge crash. Kris saying he’s very happy the roll cage did exactly what it was designed to do. https://t.co/EvbcoPPOff

15. Likes: AnttiL (19th May 2018),danon (19th May 2018),Rally Power (20th May 2018)