Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Actually, JWRC has been an option for many young guys, straight from their national series.
    And I think it was not the best way. They should make smaller steps. In future, it should help them much more than going directly to WRC.

2. Likes: Sulland (6th January 2018)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    A national cup is for me the best option for a young driver who wants to go abroad. And then preferably mixed surface.
    In France you have the Peugeot 208 cup, altough the level this year (in number of cars, not in pace) was a lot lower than it has been.
    I think the Fiesta Junior cup in France will be very good next year. This year already there were a lot of cars, I think it will only get better.
    And if course, the German Adam cup seems the very best option now. Price/competition is unbeatable, it's mixed surface, nice price with works team. The best option to start a career I think.
    I agree. And there are many good cupcar options. Most of them are somewhere btw R1 and R2, both in power and cost.

in some nations that do not have split series, one for gravel and one for asphalt, but a national series with only one. They need to go out to learn the surface they are not used to.
    Then for instance BRC is a good option for some. That also has to do with language. Logically for learning asfalt, french or benelux series would be a better a better option.

And the German Adam series is good, and more germans speak english than in French speaking countries. It is easier to work with teams that share a common language, to capture details.

For us up north the logical solution could be a scandinavian cooperation, asfalt rallies in Denmark, Gravel and snow in Sweden/Norway.
    but logic is not always the easiest way forward.

4. Likes: electroliquid (7th January 2018),janvanvurpa (6th January 2018),TWRC (7th January 2018)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I know this is very difficult financially... But I think that for a driver who wants to develop, it's very important to drive a lot. Maybe it's better to drive a cheaper car, but with better preparation and more events. If you look at the stats of Ogier, Neuville, Tänak etc, you will see that during their "breakthrough" years they all did a lot of events. Nobody in WRC has got there by doing 5-6 events a year.

6. Likes: dupanton (7th January 2018),janvanvurpa (6th January 2018),pantealex (7th January 2018),sindroms (9th January 2018),Sulland (6th January 2018),TWRC (7th January 2018)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Of course it is important to do lot of events. And also good is different types of events. Not necessary to do one complete championship, but you can choose single events in different countries. Or maybe the best way - one complete championship somewhere + add some DIFFERENT events. For example, if latvian driver wants to get experience abroad, it is better to try gravel event lets say in Hungary or Italy than in Estonia, where are similar stages...

8. Likes: sindroms (9th January 2018),tommeke_B (7th January 2018)