Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Windsor raises an interesting point - although I don't agree with it...I think Gilles was tiring of all the excessive politics in the 80's and it would not have not any better as it progressed towards the 90's. Although I think he would have loved the turbo, non ground effect era.

It's ironic that for a large chunk of his F1 career, Gilles was driving cars which he did not actually like that much.

Like you, I feel that the cars from 1983-1985 would have been right up his street. Plenty of power, and less emphasis on grip.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuretiger9
    Like you, I feel that the cars from 1983-1985 would have been right up his street. Plenty of power, and less emphasis on grip.
    I agree, although he probably would have pulled his hair out at having to conserve fuel to finish the race.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Yes, I suspect Gilles would have lobbied hard against the fuel restrictions of the mid-80s. I find it hard to imagine him lifting off and taking part in an "economy run" cruise to the finish. Gilles would rather have run dry three laps from home!