Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Don't listen to Coach2, but I've got bad news.. Santa is using a 208 T16 this year so there's no way he's going to make it round the world without suffering transmission failure or somesuch

Hoooey! I love France and the spirit but the French journos are a little "excitable" and loose with the truth as we all know...
    I know what Santa drives --he does come from waaay up North afterall

Sure its a drawing but here is a photo which you can't fake:

That settles it, I'm sure..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

2. Likes: RS (24th December 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2 View Post
    Does it exist such a 4 cylinder 3000ccm, 5000E

Sure..In big fat car that weigh 1600-1800kg and as long as a bus.
    Perfect...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Original Mitsu/Subaru R4 did cost around 125t€, new "proto" 4wd are starting from 100t€.

Very hard to believe that some can made reliable 4wd with price of good R2
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Use this thread for your "Proto" news, please!
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,520 Times in 653 Posts
    Apologies for musing rather than providing news here, but I've only recently noticed how there are a good few random importer supported Suzuki Swift programs in rallying, with a mixture of the old and new model, homologated under various regulations. Most note worthy is the new car in N5 Spec in Spain from Suzuki Motor Ibérica, but you've also got Suzuki Team Austria with an S1600 car and Suzuki Motorsport Denmark 'Maxi 2000 Evo' Swift doing Rally Bohemia. Seems a real shame Suzuki aren't seemingly interested in producing an R5 car, as I can't think of a car/manufacturer that isn't currently involved in the category that would be a better fit. I suppose they haven't got over their last WRC experience, plus Nobuhiro Tajima is now too old to spearhead the project which might have taken away some impetus to go rallying again.

7. Likes: electroliquid (26th June 2018),m-ast (26th June 2018)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Apologies for musing rather than providing news here, but I've only recently noticed how there are a good few random importer supported Suzuki Swift programs in rallying, with a mixture of the old and new model, homologated under various regulations. Most note worthy is the new car in N5 Spec in Spain from Suzuki Motor Ibérica, but you've also got Suzuki Team Austria with an S1600 car and Suzuki Motorsport Denmark 'Maxi 2000 Evo' Swift doing Rally Bohemia. Seems a real shame Suzuki aren't seemingly interested in producing an R5 car, as I can't think of a car/manufacturer that isn't currently involved in the category that would be a better fit. I suppose they haven't got over their last WRC experience, plus Nobuhiro Tajima is now too old to spearhead the project which might have taken away some impetus to go rallying again.
    Sorry for a bit of OT, but maybe there is some more info about this Suzuki Swift Maxi 2000 EVO car? some tech. specs. or something?

Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    It's also a shame that Suzuki don't homologate the swift as group N car (as was the first one), In Spain the cup is run acording to national group N3 which is more or less the same and it's a real sucess and in 2019 they will run with the new one, i think also in Italy they have a cup for the swifts.

Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    Sorry for a bit of OT, but maybe there is some more info about this Suzuki Swift Maxi 2000 EVO car? some tech. specs. or something?
    from quick research on net it seems, that they have brand new car build in cooperation with Dytko.
    news20180510_84728h.jpg
    Suzuki Motorsport Danmark, a team from Sorø, Zeeland, conducted a presentation of the Swift Maxi 2000 Evo, which will be hosted by last year's Danish champions - Kenneth Madsen and Mette Felthaus. Body kit was created in Dytko Sport.

The debut of 270-horsepower Swift will take place on Saturday during Anderup El Rally, the third round of the Danish championship. Madsen was placed on the list with number 3, after Esben Hegelund (Fabia R5) and Ibem Kraghem (DS3 R5).

The rally with the base in Ebberup returns to DM after a two-year break. 74 crews were declared - three in WRC cars, three in R5. Jan Becker will bring Hamburg Subaru S7 from Hamburg. Rune Danneborg announced the Mini WRC, his son Viktor will take the DS3 R5. Roland Poulsen will use the Corolla WRC.
    source: http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/debiut...a-z-nysy,84728
    web of the team, but without info about new Swift: http://suzukimotorsport.dk/bilerne/
    Last edited by kure91; 26th June 2018 at 19:33.

11. Likes: electroliquid (27th June 2018)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    If we go a few year back, we had N4 cars. Many drivers went from an old national homologated 2wd car into N4 to learn the trade of driving 4wd.

That option is now gone, and many national series need a gapfiller from R5 down to R2.

Here up north where we have tuners that build rallycross cars, and also a R5 that the manufacturer did not want to support in homologation.

If the ASNs could agree on a Nordic or even a NEZ tech regulation, we could get that gapfiller for youngsters and gentleman drivers.

R4 seems to be a stillborn, so I do not understand why the rest in here can not see the need for a more affordable 4wd for rally?

13. Likes: skarderud (26th June 2018)
    Liked 1,520 Times in 653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kure91 View Post
    from quick research on net it seems, that they have brand new car build in cooperation with Dytko.
    news20180510_84728h.jpg

source: http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/debiut...a-z-nysy,84728
    web of the team, but without info about new Swift: http://suzukimotorsport.dk/bilerne/
    Thanks for the info. There are a lot of pictures on their Facebook page, both of the new and old car, plus both together: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SuzukiMo...os/?tab=albums

(Btw, my thanks to the moderator who moved my previous post into a more relevant thread!)