Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rally Germany 2018 - Need Help

Hello everybody ^^
    So im planning a trip to visit rally Germany this year ! I’ve already been to some minor rallies in my neighbourhood, but those were only some 2 day events.
    I’ve never been on a WRC Rally and would be very happy if somebody answered my questions ! Preferably somebody who already visited this rally, but any help would be appreciated

I’m planning to be camping there. If anybody could tell me how camping works there, how expensive it is and such i’d Be glad.

I’m also dying to know what’s the best way to travel between stages !

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Take a look here: https://www.camping-waldwiesen.eu/en/

To travel between the stages you need a car. Simple as that
    it's all about driving fast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,

It depends on what you prefer. You can camp next to a stage and stay there (most stages are run twice). Most of the stages have camping spaces, mentioned in the rally guide. We have done this for many years and it's a more "chill" approach. Or you can choose a camping for the weekend and then visit different stages. Most stages are in Saarland region, only the vineyard stages are a bit further away from Service park.

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    You can also park at a stage the night before, sleep in the car and be on place for first pass. Never had trouble whit that.
    This year i booked at camping Bostalsee, so right at the service park. We will be there whit some kids, so service nearby is handy!

Campsite in boumholder is also good. Well, it is just the local football club converting the footbal terain to a camping. Very cheap, and there iss the Boumholder aldstadtfeste there that weekend, always fun!
    That way the Panzerplatte is really close.

Options enough for Germany!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Folkwin View Post
    Hi,

It depends on what you prefer. You can camp next to a stage and stay there (most stages are run twice). Most of the stages have camping spaces, mentioned in the rally guide. We have done this for many years and it's a more "chill" approach. Or you can choose a camping for the weekend and then visit different stages. Most stages are in Saarland region, only the vineyard stages are a bit further away from Service park.
    Thanks for answering !

Oh, camping next to a stage sounds really Interesting ! Does it have any extra cost ? And are there basic utilities such as water available ?

On a Rally I’ve been I was able to drive my car right to a point where I wanted to watch. There was designated parking ready.
    Though I expect WRC Rally to be a lot different, is it like I have to leave my car in the parking somewhere, and then walk to the point where I want to watch ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure about the costs, it may be variable. There are "official" campings organised by clubs or local authorities next to the rally route. I assume that those have basic utilities.

There are also regular parking spaces where a lot of people are camping. In that case I think you have to pay about € 2 and have a rally pass but no utilities except for toilets ; ). There will be a list of camping spaces next to the stages on the official website but it's not yet available for 2018. Normally the camping area is not very far from the actual stage.

The best option is to recce the stages you want to see and then choose a good spot. But then you have to camp in "the wild" ; )