Page 136 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1559
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Isn't this the same as hitting a side rock a snow bank, how is it any different? Hit it at your own risk, it might damage your car as well. Plain stupid decision. What is the punishment for Meeke hitting plaints?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 12th March 2018 at 02:02.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Well Ogier did hit the chicane, so he can't really complain, but seems a harsh punishment. Can't help feeling after Sweden, he's a marked man.

However, who the hell are the stewards? What qualifications have they for sitting? Where did they drag them up from? They sound like the 3 stooges...(Sorry, but I despise officials in all sports; full of their own self importance)
    They're probably 3 well qualified stewards who've given a lifetime of service to the sport.
    What, in the above report, suggests that they are "stooges" or that they're full of their own importance? They have an important job to perform without fear or favour. Seems that they have done just that.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

3. Likes: eddy707 (12th March 2018),kiil (12th March 2018),logic (12th March 2018),Rally Hokkaido (12th March 2018),skarderud (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    I recall Meeke was given a time penalty for doing some cutting on another event a few years back. Ogi lucky those stewards were not there.
    Meeke rally aus 2014 1 min 1 second penalty.
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/septe...2--12-12-.html

https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland....ast-one-140462 (right guy? - secretary Rally Germany)
    https://www.fia.com/profile/officers/hugo-mersan (Paraguay - Formula 1 and WRC - long list for the cv)

Carlos Cordero, Director of the FIA NACAM Rally Championship.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 12th March 2018 at 02:14.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Isn't this the same as hitting a side rock a snow bank, how is it any different? Hit it at your own risk, it might damage your car as well. Plain stupid decision. What is the punishment for Meeke hitting plaints?
    How can you compare the two? When you hit a snowbank you lose time. When Kris hit the plants he lost time. Ogier hit the empty barricades and pushed them away easily, with no risk of damage, and gained time.

I can't see how you couldn't understand why Ogier got a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    How can you compare the two? When you hit a snowbank you lose time. When Kris hit the plants he lost time. Ogier hit the empty barricades and pushed them away easily, with no risk of damage, and gained time.

I can't see how you couldn't understand why Ogier got a penalty.
    Ok, let's agree on this stupidity. Why he hadn't penalty on the the previous stage with the same outcome?

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Ofcourse it is different. Ogier gained a small advantage and knew he wasn't going to damage his car doing it. Neuville did it on the first pass as well and he could've/ should've been punished too (although no point as nobody was close to him and it wasn't for power stage pts).

As for Meeke hitting the plant pot, any person with sight and a working brain knows he lost time with that MISTAKE and it was nothing alike to the chicane incident. I really hope you aren't being serious with that, because there's no help for you if you genuinely think Meeke deliberately tried that in an effort to gain a few tenths

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    Ok, let's agree on this stupidity. Why he hadn't penalty on the the previous stage with the same outcome?
    If I understand correctly, you mean he nudged the chicane on the first pass too, in which case it's not as serious because extra points are not at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    If I understand correctly, you mean he nudged the chicane on the first pass too, in which case it's not as serious because extra points are not at stake.
    Are You serious?

Are You serious?
    I ask the same

12. Likes: AL14 (12th March 2018),cali (12th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    As for Meeke hitting the plant pot, any person with sight and a working brain knows he lost time with that MISTAKE and it was nothing alike to the chicane incident. I really hope you aren't being serious with that, because there's no help for you if you genuinely think Meeke deliberately tried that in an effort to gain a few tenths
    I really want to see Your's brain measurement for the time gain/loss in both cases. I'm serious