Page 140 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1559
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    They could use tractors, like in finland last year. Or metal shipping containers.

When chicanes are heavy and dangerous, people complain, when they are light and safe, other people complain.
    It's pretty simple, you're not supposed to hit anything or leave the route. If you do, they can give you a penalty. Its up to the clerk of the course to decide.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    They could use tractors, like in finland last year.
    2016 actually. After complaints it was removed for 2017.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    As I wrote yesterday. The solution is very simple and can be done same way as in our championship. The chicane is of standard proportions given by the rules before the season, it is painted on the ground before the recce, than built on the same ground plan and a steward with an arbitral function is assigned to it. For damaging/braking the chicane there are fixed penalties given by the rules prior the season. If You only move one element of the chicane from its ground plan You get 5 seconds penalty (it must be completely outside of the ground plan), if more You get higher penalty up to 30 seconds if You simpy go straight through.

This has been working here for years. It's clear and fair for everyone.
    Last edited by Mirek; 12th March 2018 at 12:28.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: cali (12th March 2018),dimviii (12th March 2018),dupanton (12th March 2018),kubiczech (12th March 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Well, if the stewards had acted quick and given Neuville a penalty before the power stage started, I guess Ogier would have taken it easier. So in that way it was not fair.
    Have you read the decision?

... Competitor, before the running of the stage, was seeking clarification with the Clerk of the Course regarding consqeuences of "nudging the first part out of the way".
    The reply given by the Clerk of the Course to the team of all the manufacturers was that any deviation.... will be referred to the stewards for further investigation.
    So before PS (and therefore likely after first run and seeing what Neuville did). Ogier asked and was told that it was not ok.
    ... and then pushed it out (maybe not on purpose but that doesn't matter).

Note how all other cars avoided it prbly also because they got the same info.

Therefore I am 100% fine with the penalty.

6. Likes: A FONDO (12th March 2018),AnttiL (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Jesus, guys, take a moment and read the stewards decision report.

"Competitor, before the running of the stage, was seeking clarification with the Clerk of the Course regarding the consequences of "nudging the first part out of the way". The reply given [...] was that any deviation, "specifically not going around the elements of the chicane [...] will be referred to the stewards for further investigation"."

If this isn't clear proof of intent to win time with that trick, I don't know what is. And he was warned that it will be referred to judges, yet he still did it. How can you justify his action? I haven't seen Neuville's run through that chicane on the previous stage, but unless he also deliberately and as clearly cut the chicane to gain time (for which he had no reason to, as there was no one around him and it wasn't power stage), I don't really see a problem here.

// mknight already pointed the same out while I was typing this post, sorry for doubling. But damn, AnttiL is a proper hypocrite..
    Last edited by RaunoK; 12th March 2018 at 12:32.

8. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018)
    Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Thats what I mean... driver's take every cut and advantage they can, those crappy barriers were asking to be clipped.
    ...and to have those crappy barriers on a Power Stage is just stupid

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaunoK View Post
    But damn, AnttiL is a proper hypocrite..
    ???

What's up with this forum?

11. Likes: AL14 (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts

13. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    While I agree with Ogier that 10 seconds is too much since we can't know that he did it on purpose and of course he didn't gain 10 seconds cutting the chicane, I think it's fair that a penalty is applied considering that there are bonus points in the power stage that can be valuable for the championship.

On a side note I think we should have a standard for artificial chicanes. They shuold be built in the same way in every rally and we should have rules for drivers who cut in some way (in those chicanes).
    But most important they should be limited as much as possible and the most of the time just for safety reasons...
    I think that chicane in the PS was pretty useless...

15. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ogier:
    ""We are working on this to explain ourselves because it was not deliberate at all," he said."

That's impossible to prove. The fact that they moved it on the other hand is impossible to deny.

Also think it's very unlikely they will give him penalty of 0.8s or something like that based on some detailed video analysis. If anything happens they'd change it to 5s. Which will give him 1 PS point.