Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1559
    Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    No surprise they are appealing this decision given the points at stake that depend on it in what is shaping up to be a very close fought championship. Personally, I think they are going to struggle to get it overturned despite what their data says about the time gain as the time gain from the action is not what is at issue as far as the rules go.

Here in the UK we don't have such problems with chicanes - either they are solid and you respectfully go around them or else they are like these Mexican ones and you just make sure you have a certain BTRDA title winner in front of you. Bingo, no chicane exists by the time you get there!

Liked 12,175 Times in 5,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    ???

What's up with this forum?
    im gonna apologize on the behalf of RaunoK because im sure he confused you with Anttik.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: RaunoK (12th March 2018)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I'm disappointed this Ogier penalty has also overshadowed Tanak's late PS entry to gain an advantage when he was already a Rally2 runner. No way should this be allowed.

(In fact I dont think Rally2 driver's should be eligible for the extra PS points at all.)

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts

(In fact I dont think Rally2 driver's should be eligible for the extra PS points at all.)
    I am 99% sure that for next rally FIA will change the rules so that this trick no longer works. But if you take away PS points opportunity from Rally2 drivers, then many of them would rather save the car and not start in Rally2 at all, or will retire with several stages to go if there is little chance to get to the points in GC.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I'm disappointed this Ogier penalty has also overshadowed Tanak's late PS entry to gain an advantage when he was already a Rally2 runner. No way should this be allowed.

Who opened the precedent? M-Sport and Ogier, also it didn`t end there, Evans stood even for a longer timeperiod, in order to give No. 1 one extra point. Their excuse, with which i agree, was the championship and it isn`t actually forbidden. Tänak and Neuville have the same excuse. You should stop complaining.

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    They could use tractors, like in finland last year. Or metal shipping containers.

When chicanes are heavy and dangerous, people complain, when they are light and safe, other people complain.
    It's pretty simple, you're not supposed to hit anything or leave the route. If you do, they can give you a penalty. Its up to the clerk of the course to decide.
    Or!

What if they used the barriers how they're supposed to be used and filled them up with sand or water?

9. Likes: RICARDO75 (12th March 2018)
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    ???

What's up with this forum?
    Sorry, mistaken you with AnttiK.

11. Likes: EstWRC (12th March 2018)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Guys, remember, this sport is existing only due to spectators followers etc, the show is dedicated to spectators and drivers need to adapt the rules. Ofcourse, rules must be sensible. Without followers there would not be any WRC as we see today.

And this thing that Ogier made in Sweden was really-really bad. And it would be unfair to change it before the end of season. Mexican penalty, however, is well justified and good indication. They are showing that if there is a questionable situation and if team asks if it is OK tho to so and official answer is "no, it is not OK!" then there is a penalty when you still do like this.

I can see that it was a small mistake by team that cost them a lot. Look the decision clearly. They (team) showed photo evidence that it was in different place to original location and organizers showed that, "no", it was exactly like it should have been. Mistake is simple. Someone from the team took the picture when obstacles were in different position due to someone touching them and send it to team. Ogier remembered the new location that was not official and he was in trouble when he discovered that everything was still as it should be.
    And I like that this obstacle was not full of water. This is common sense. If you have a wall, you have to go around it. If you make a mistake, you hit the wall and hurt yourself. But if this wall is made of paper, you escape without injury. simple as that.

And reffering to the weather, these were the hottest days in 2018 during Rally Mexico, and I could not find such a high temperatures from my history book before. So, indeed, it was difficult for the cars
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

13. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018),cali (12th March 2018),EstWRC (12th March 2018),JAM (12th March 2018),KiwiWRCfan (12th March 2018),Rally Hokkaido (13th March 2018),steve.mandzij (13th March 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts

If Ogier were to retire with a mechanical failure I'm sure you'd reconsider your rally2 stance. Also where is your anger at the advantage the Frenchman gained in Sweden?

I disagree that rally2 runners shouldn't be eligible for points because like it was mentioned a little higher up there'd be no point in continuing if it weren't for extra points. Also, it's not like a runner who's not in rally2 will finish below a returning driver in the overall; the only thing that could benefit rally2 most of the time is the PS.