Page 15 of 156 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (6th March 2018),Gregor-y (7th March 2018),KKS (7th March 2018)
    Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I have not seen any detailed statistics but compared to the very large number of Fabias built (~200?) the number that caught fire or got destroyed (5-10?) is not all that big. Especially compared to how many rally kms they have driven.

Sure it does seem to be an issue, but it's not on an "omg we have to fix it before tomorrow" level.
    This is really serious problem. And it not happened only once, but many times. Around 10 burnt Fabias is only final result...

Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    I think allready homologated the solution. Remember read something about that.
    If I remember well, problem was not solved by any special homologation, only some recommendations. But I am not sure if it helps so much...

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    caption this

"So I said this Red Bull advertising is getting out of hand and I'm not going to stand for it any longer. They said 'You seem very upset. Have a seat on this chair for a moment and I promise we will not force the matter.'"

6. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (7th March 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    With Tanak, Mikkelsen and Meeke running 5th, 6th and 7th on the road they'd have to be the favourites. Unknowns are Loeb and also Evans (Evans due to being on Dmacks last season, and Loeb because he's been years out of the car on gravel. Sounded positive about the test though)

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    caption this

"... And he actually sent a complain to FIA, lol"

10. Likes: drive (7th March 2018),EstWRC (7th March 2018),steve.mandzij (8th March 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Obviously Ogi hate his guts.

Seb, how were tests in Spain?
    Sebastien Loeb: Last September, when I first tested the C3 WRC on gravel, I was not happy with the nervous behavior of the rear axle. This time I felt more comfortable. There is a feeling that driving has become easier. Yes, since last year something has changed in him, but I can not say if my sense of comfort is explained by this, or the fact is that I was better adapted to the car.
    In addition, I conducted a test session with the DS3 WRC - to refresh the piloting skills on gravel. Whatever it was, we can say that this time I found my rhythm much faster than when I first met the car in 2017.

Do you think that this car Citroën is the most complicated in the management of all that you have managed to fly?
    Sebastien Loeb: No, it's not. Moreover, I eventually found his behavior pretty good. It is impossible, however, to exclude that the control of the machine could alleviate the very nature of the coating. The test site was very good, it is difficult to "lose" the car, and it did not seem to me that it was more difficult to control than some other car.
    Pleasure from the piloting process is?
    Sébastien Loeb: Yes, there is. But I did not go to WRC for gravel for a very long time, so the pleasure was guaranteed to me. A more powerful engine of the new machine makes it all the time to work behind the wheel, leaving no time for respite.

Were you able to find the appropriate settings?
    Sebastien Loeb: We tested in practice the different ideas that the team proposed. All of them are similar to what was already used earlier, and are close to the settings of Chris Meek - after deduction of individual differential settings. It was beneficial to use new shock absorbers: improved handling of the C3 WRC and a sense of grip.
    Did there appear after the tests any idea of ​​what to expect in Mexico?
    Sébastien Loeb: It's hard to say. I do not know, on the tests, the sensations were good. There is no impression that I have forgotten everything and can not go to full strength ... but I do not know what will happen in the race, and where I will be compared to the leaders of the championship.
    And what you may not be enough in comparison with the regular participants of the series? With what, in your opinion, there will be difficulties?
    Sébastien Loeb: I understand very well that I will have a certain handicap. I still have time to feel it when I'm racing at full speed - in comparison with those WRC, which I managed to manage before, everything will happen much faster.
    At high speed, the aerodynamic tail comes into operation, due to which a high level of adhesion is maintained. The difference is really felt - unlike the slow sections - and you will need to remember this, so as not to get over at speed. The potential of the new machine is much higher than what I'm used to. It will be necessary to act faster.

Another point is the lack of knowledge about the route of the rally. The race is held annually on the same roads, and the permanent participants learned it by heart - and I have not appeared in Mexico for six years.

Such a lack of experience always affects one way or another. I have not started on gravel for six years, and this, incidentally, is the World Cup. Constant members of it will not wait for me! They are fresh, well-trained, young and very evil. I can not wait to see where I will be compared to them.
    And the age? Does it affect?
    Sébastien Loeb: / laughs / Well, when I close one eye, I can still see the second!
    No, everything is okay. But you are right: it is well known that after reaching a certain age a person loses some of his skills. However, I do not feel anything like that yet.

The desire to finish at any cost, careful handling of the gas pedal ...
    Sebastien Loeb: Well, it's always been in me. I never rushed like a madman and always acted prudently. When all is well, then there is no need to risk - and I have never changed this approach.
    No, really. I did not try to take risks, as other pilots like to do, and nothing has changed here. Usually I played out time a little - then, there ... and on the way out I got the advantage.
    That's why I do not know what I'll show in Mexico. But if you judge by your own feelings from the tests, everything is in order.

Can you say that this return is one of the most difficult challenges in your career?
    Sébastien Loeb: Actually, I do not take it as a test.
    From time to time I start in the rally for the sake of sensations. With Severin (wife), with Daniel, in Vary or somewhere else - I always get a lot of fun. Last year, Citroën gave me the opportunity to try out a new generation WRC car, and then we moved on, deciding to go through three stages (racing in Mexico, Corsica and Spain). I perceive this program as another pleasant adventure, which I can share with Daniel.

I do not like it when the word "test" is mentioned. I know very well that behind it are certain expectations. If everything goes wrong, I will remember this until the end of the day - and I'm not at all grateful to hear it.

I'm not one of those people who stay at home, because they won nine league titles and now just want to maintain a good image. I participate in the World Rally Cross Championship and performed at the Dakar, since I still have the opportunity to do what I want, and to enjoy this process.
    I constantly have to repeat myself: "I do not care what others think." I do what I like - and this is the most important thing.

Although, of course, there is a certain element of testing in all this. If I fail, someone will say: "Look, here is the nine-time world champion who does not drag any more." And it may be that everything will go well - and it will be cool.
    And it is not necessary to re-raise this theme of the "Loeb's war with Ogier." Everybody knows this story so well. There will be me 70, and he's 60 - then we'll talk about her. Now I'm interested to see what I can do ... in my years ...

13. Likes: danon (7th March 2018),er88 (7th March 2018),gorganl2000 (7th March 2018)
    You are used to winning. You have a reputation as a person for whom defeat is unbearable. What now? Will you reconcile with the result outside the podium?
    Sébastien Loeb: Well, at least I will enjoy the process of piloting, but if I lag behind, not having a clear explanation at hand, I will be very upset. I hope that there will not be a complete failure in my performance, but let's see how it all looks at the "combat" speed ...

In general, I've had a difficult rally in previous years - when I was still good! / laughs / However, today the level of competition has grown, and any leader can easily be the sixth. Even if you feel that everything is not so bad, it's easy and quick to find yourself in the role of a lagging person.

That is, to talk about a specific goal for the race is difficult?
    Sebastien Loeb: It's embarrassing, yes.
    Of course, I will be very happy if I am in a group of leaders. The position between the fourth and the seventh will not become a laughingstock either. But I'll be upset if I fight for places in the tail of the WRC channel.
    Much will be decided on the first day. I know that I have a good starting position, which means that I will need to immediately use this advantage, gaining a good pace. After what we saw on the rally Sweden, it is obvious that Friday needs to be completed on the right footing.
    Do you realize what attention is paid to your participation on the part of the press?

Sebastien Loeb: I try not to get involved in reading the press: journalists still write some nonsense (smiling).

When I made the decision to go through these three stages, I realized that I was coming out under the spotlights. Every time I approach the rally discipline, everyone who does not feel like talking is inevitably talking about it. Even the start in Vara on the 20-year Peugeot 306 Maxi caused more interest than my performances in the rally-cross!
    Well, someone, of course, will happily grab the theme of the fight between Loeb and Ogier ... but he is fighting for the title, while I start for fun. I think he has more real rivals than I do. I want to compare myself with the others to understand at what level I am today.

How does Daniel Helen feel? (Monegasque injured coccyx at the Dakar Rally) Will it survive a full-fledged rally? Will you somehow protect your co-driver?
    Sebastien Loeb: If he came to the start of the race, he certainly will not run away on the second day.
    It's his choice. He conducted tests with me - both with DS3 WRC, and with C3 WRC. Yes, he gave up his place to Isabel [Galmish, navigator Dominique Reba] in order to save energy, but could easily withstand the entire session. I'm sure he'll be fine.
    It's not a secret for anyone that you really love coffee, and sometimes you drink it even while driving. Have you checked the availability of a good coffee machine in the team?

Sebastien Loeb: It all depends on the team! If they do not have ambitions, then there is no need to buy Nespresso [brand of coffee machine]. Well, if they want me to have some result ... we'll think about it.

http://telegra.ph/Interview-Loeb-03-07
    Last edited by dimviii; 7th March 2018 at 15:14.

15. Likes: danon (7th March 2018),er88 (7th March 2018),gorganl2000 (7th March 2018),satukata (7th March 2018)