Page 31 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Not something Ogier usually does though - he has more sense. Macho posturing can get a driver into deep merde very quickly. Like the truism goes, ‘You can’t win the rally on the first stage but you sure as hell can lose it!’
    And Huttunen gave us a fair example of that truism. He has given away around 15 seconds to his WRC2 rivals with a couple of mistakes on the SS.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

2. Likes: AnttiL (9th March 2018),EstWRC (9th March 2018),pantealex (9th March 2018),steve.mandzij (9th March 2018)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Why is it stupid? Because you don't like it I guess.
    Setting up authority in the race from beginning is important to show your confidence and intention.
    In such a fears competition, psychological authority is equally important.
    No, it's a bit stupid because it's a mickey mouse stage and the risk vs reward isn't worth it. Do you not remember what happened last year in Sweden??? He was inches from the wall last night and none of the other drivers are going to give a shit about him 'setting up authority' on a mickey mouse stage. If a driver wants to make a statement of intent to other drivers that he means business, that usually comes on the first proper stage or over the first loop of stages...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. Likes: EstWRC (9th March 2018),Kaps (9th March 2018),steve.mandzij (9th March 2018),Timmy (9th March 2018)
    Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts

6. Likes: A FONDO (9th March 2018),Gregor-y (9th March 2018)
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Happy to see Neuville was pushing like hell on a MM Stage... shows he's learned nothing. Carry on like that he will come a cropper here...

Loeb only had a few days to discover the car. "The basic idea is to get into the rhythm, the feeling is pretty good, it will be a successful rally if we get to the end and if we manage to be in the rhythm of some guys in the WRC. comes after five years against the ten best drivers in the world, it's obvious that it's not easy.If we get involved a bit in the fight, it can be nice.
    The primary objective is the pleasure and it will come while attacking ", detailed the French pilot to our microphone.

It is naturally the number one attraction on Mexican lands. "I knew that all eyes would be on my return I would have preferred to do it discreetly to please me.It's part of the game, it must be accepted.It's nice, on the other hand, to to say that I have not been forgotten, what I have more than the others who have tried to come back and who have not succeeded ... Not much, I just hope I have enough talent to mix with the fight, "he added.

Before pointing the main point of comparison between his team and it compare: "The big point of difference is the aerodynamic support in the fast passages.The car goes very fast, the braking points are later. In the way of driving the car, it's not fundamentally different from what I've experienced in the past. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ent?id=9861469

"What we said about it is not too much of my style to look at the comments, I think I have something else to do at home.The truth is that Sweden has been a week-end. end catastrophic, we could save four points, it can still count at the end of the year.Here, in Mexico, the rally will be successful if we collect big points on the finish. It's a big challenge, but we have to look long term.Our objective is to play the podium, we all know that Friday will be crucial.We want at least to be in front of Neuville and Latvala ", said Ogier at our microphone.

Before splashing on the return of his compatriot Sébastien Loeb, his great competitor of the past. "It's a very good challenge, nobody has succeeded before him, if there's one who can do it, it's him, we take it all seriously and we're all interested in see what he will be able to do If I could do the same thing I can not imagine this kind of return but never say never.
    Relations with Seb are much better than we can say. We have not seen each other in recent years because we were very busy. It's good to see Seb and Daniel Elena again, "continued the defending champion.

And to conclude: "I only remember the positive of the past in front of him, I learned conflicts and oppositions with him.If there were things to do again, we would do it again differently, but it pulled me This is because I was opposed to a huge champion like Seb, and to fight with him, he had to dare to to be at 110%, we respect each other, that's obvious. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...lui?id=9861383

12. Likes: EstWRC (9th March 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    The primary objective is the pleasure and it will come while attacking ", detailed the French pilot

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ent?id=9861469
    Leaving aside the fact that Dim posting googlish translations drives me round the bend (anyone who’s bothered could follow the link and other translations are available); I am surprised Loeb is doing this for pleasure - don’t Citroen want to maximise manufacturer points? The situation is just like Monte 2013 - Loeb can do what he likes, Ogier will be focussed on Tanak, Neuville and Meeke (2 good results and he might betaken seriously!)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Leaving aside the fact that Dim posting googlish translations drives me round the bend (anyone who’s bothered could follow the link and other translations are available); I am surprised Loeb is doing this for pleasure - don’t Citroen want to maximise manufacturer points? The situation is just like Monte 2013 - Loeb can do what he likes, Ogier will be focussed on Tanak, Neuville and Meeke (2 good results and he might betaken seriously!)
    are you scared? You souldnt.