Page 142 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1559
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Some thoughts on the drivers' performances

I knew Loeb could still do something, but I was still blown away by his pace that could have been enough for a rally win. Also, I was expecting Ogier to be good in these conditions. Also, it was easy to expect Meeke to be fast but prone for errors. One of those spins or his half-roll could have ended worse with less luck.

Evans was disappointing again, although his shakedown pace was promising, especially on the first runs. I'm also disappointed in Suninen's performance, he didn't really get even good stage times down (only 4th in Alfaro where Meeke rolled and many were in tyre save mode). Same goes for Lappi. Also disappointing for the Toyotas to overheat again, although Neuville's fuel pressure problem on a super special was reminiscent of last year's failures.

Mikkelsen was also a bit disappointing, but he was lucky to survive his small off. Sordo did also a good rally, although I knew he could do well in this rally especially with that starting position.

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Mexican penalty, however, is well justified and good indication. They are showing that if there is a questionable situation and if team asks if it is OK tho to so and official answer is "no, it is not OK!" then there is a penalty when you still do like this.
    Extremely well summarised by Bluuford

3. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij

I disagree that rally2 runners shouldn't be eligible for points because like it was mentioned a little higher up there'd be no point in continuing if it weren't for extra points. Also, it's not like a runner who's not in rally2 will finish below a returning driver in the overall; the only thing that could benefit rally2 most of the time is the PS.
    about rally 2 runners at power stage,we have to mention that due to missed stages,they have much more tyres at good condition to attack.
    example ....if top 3 crews have small gaps at day 2 and 3,they cant cruise,but push till the last stage.Have almost all of their tyres used hard.A rally 2 crew can cruise 2 days,and have almost new tyres at power stage.

5. Likes: A FONDO (12th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by pucky54 View Post
    Enjoy!
    wow,they are installed, at totally different place among these drivers.
    are the photos from same stage run,or from 1st and 2nd pass?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Some thoughts on the drivers' performances

I knew Loeb could still do something, but I was still blown away by his pace that could have been enough for a rally win. Also, I was expecting Ogier to be good in these conditions. Also, it was easy to expect Meeke to be fast but prone for errors. One of those spins or his half-roll could have ended worse with less luck.

Evans was disappointing again, although his shakedown pace was promising, especially on the first runs. I'm also disappointed in Suninen's performance, he didn't really get even good stage times down (only 4th in Alfaro where Meeke rolled and many were in tyre save mode). Same goes for Lappi. Also disappointing for the Toyotas to overheat again, although Neuville's fuel pressure problem on a super special was reminiscent of last year's failures.

Mikkelsen was also a bit disappointing, but he was lucky to survive his small off. Sordo did also a good rally, although I knew he could do well in this rally especially with that starting position.
    For once I can't agree with you on multiple points.

Loeb was surprising yes and hats off to him, but I won't say he had rally winning performance. Saturday morning he was clearly slower than Ogier and about same speed as Meeke. And it was at this point under pressure that he got puncture. Friday he was behind Sordo with same starting position.

This was first time since Portugal last year that Ogier actually had dominating rally winning performance on gravel. (and in Portugal Tanak seemed as fast or faster).
    Meeke imo showed again what he lacks for WDC, consistency under pressure. 3 or 4? spins, at least 3 times very wide (2 times on the Saturday SS with his carpark) and completely unnecessary off on sunday causing him to also loose PS chances.

Sordo typical good rally for him, fast and all but not enough to charge for win.

Evans actually had quite good performance over the few stages he ran. Way too few for any judgment though.

Sunninen and Lappi were pretty much invisible whole rally yes. Mikkelsen was very disappointing, only performance on "expected" level was Friday afternoon. Don't agree on the severity of the off though, it was one wide corner with some small panel dmg. Discounting Meeke both Neuville and Ogier had at least 2 such moments.

Hard to judge Toyota's much with the issues, but would say Latvala was again consistently behind Tanak in speed.

9. Likes: A FONDO (12th March 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    And this thing that Ogier made in Sweden was really-really bad. And it would be unfair to change it before the end of season.
    Can't agree with that. If something is broken then fix it before it get's out of control.

In either case now 3 of the 4 teams misused this. So even more reason to stop it.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    mexicans... whats their use apart from selling drugs to the US ?

whats the point of having that chicane there is you do not fill the barriers with sand or water or something that will at least show some retention ?

and ogiers penalty is justified... 10 seconds is of course not the amount of time ogier gained but you penalise the infringement, you do not try and do justice.
    Last edited by N.O.T; 12th March 2018 at 15:01.

12. Likes: Rallyper (12th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    For once I can't agree with you on multiple points.

Loeb was surprising yes and hats off to him, but I won't say he had rally winning performance. Saturday morning he was clearly slower than Ogier and about same speed as Meeke. And it was at this point under pressure that he got puncture. Friday he was behind Sordo with same starting position.

This was first time since Portugal last year that Ogier actually had dominating rally winning performance on gravel. (and in Portugal Tanak seemed as fast or faster).
    Meeke imo showed again what he lacks for WDC, consistency under pressure. 3 or 4? spins, at least 3 times very wide (2 times on the Saturday SS with his carpark) and completely unnecessary off on sunday causing him to also loose PS chances.

Sordo typical good rally for him, fast and all but not enough to charge for win.

Evans actually had quite good performance over the few stages he ran. Way too few for any judgment though.

Sunninen and Lappi were pretty much invisible whole rally yes. Mikkelsen was very disappointing, only performance on "expected" level was Friday afternoon. Don't agree on the severity of the off though, it was one wide corner with some small panel dmg. Discounting Meeke both Neuville and Ogier had at least 2 such moments.

Hard to judge Toyota's much with the issues, but would say Latvala was again consistently behind Tanak in speed.
    agree with all you wrote,except Loeb not winning pace.You cant max the output of these cars at your first rally at just first 6-7 stageswhile you have to drive at gravel 5 years.
    Except that we saw how he upped his pace from shakedown to the first stages.
    Also his puncture was with a stone at racing line,as he said(same as Sordo)
    Last edited by dimviii; 12th March 2018 at 15:09.

14. Likes: pantealex (12th March 2018),Rallyper (12th March 2018)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    While I agree with Ogier that 10 seconds is too much since we can't know that he did it on purpose and of course he didn't gain 10 seconds cutting the chicane, I think it's fair that a penalty is applied considering that there are bonus points in the power stage that can be valuable for the championship.
    Penalty's are not supposed to correlate with time gained. They are intended to punish for wrongdoing. A 0,5 seconds false start gives you also 10 seconds penalty.

16. Likes: A FONDO (12th March 2018),AL14 (12th March 2018),AnttiL (12th March 2018),juhoman (12th March 2018),N.O.T (12th March 2018),pantealex (12th March 2018),Rallyper (12th March 2018),René (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)