Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Jwrc 2018

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    He actually said it different.
    He already knew he would have left Mikkelsen the year later he left Andreas so he went to Ostberg leaving Mikkelsen one year earlier. He said that he thought to have more chance to win the championship with Ostberg in the next years than with Mikkelsen that (only) year.
    Oooh, there we go. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Likes: AL14 (20th January 2018)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Some additions to Fløene.

It is true that the initial plan was for him to work with Mikkelsen in 2016, and then let Jæger take the place in 2017. Fløene decided to not take on the option he had for 2016, as he would only get one more year there, and maybe not have another chance at the top level, but in the end it didn't work out between him and Østberg.

However, his main ambition for the future is rally-raids, not rally, but he feels that Bergkvist is a big talent, he was in team that was developing Mikkelsen when he started, and was with him through the fatal accident in Norway. He have also worked with Tidemand in JWRC and feels that he can help Bergkvist in the same way. He sees an opportunity in bringing Bergkvist forward again, and in his own words. "He [Bergkvist] have managed to get a Greek guy to help him, he [Serderidis] is the worlds nicest guy, and he sees talent in Emil."

Lastly he gives massive praise to EVEN Management, and is convinced that it is the sporting director of EVEN, Roy Snellingen that is the reason why Fløene is as fit as he is, and still have the right professional mentality to go on. He also says that if there is one thing he regrets, it is leaving EVEN and Mikkelsen before 2016.

4. Likes: AL14 (20th January 2018),eddy707 (20th January 2018),Micke_VOC (15th February 2018),pantealex (20th January 2018),Rallyper (21st January 2018),RS (20th January 2018),skarderud (20th January 2018),steve.mandzij (20th January 2018),Sulland (21st January 2018),TWRC (20th January 2018)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    However now the good combination of Bergkvist and Floene makes me start pushing for Emil again.

And not to forget Serderidis partnership with Bergkvist. Looking forward to what will come!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    However now the good combination of Bergkvist and Floene makes me start pushing for Emil again.

And not to forget Serderidis partnership with Bergkvist. Looking forward to what will come!!
    I hope this is a correct move from Bergkvist. Sweden need to get some top drivers again! They need a spearhead coming after Tidemand.

7. Likes: pantealex (21st January 2018),Rally Power (21st January 2018),Rallyper (21st January 2018)
    Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I hope this is a correct move from Bergkvist. Sweden need to get some top drivers again! They need a spearhead coming after Tidemand.
    This year's Junior World Rally Championship starts this weekend in Rally Sweden. Swedish Emil Bergkvist is set to make his debut in the JWRC, at his fourth straight Rally Sweden. Although it is the first rally in both JWRC and the new car, Ford Fiesta R2T, Emil has high goals.

Emil has run the World Rally Championship in recent years in a four-wheeled Citroen DS3 R5 in the WRC2 class. But after two seasons with great struggle and unsuccessful results, Emil now chooses to take a step back to the junior class in hope of re-finding the joy and fight at the top.

- This feels like the right step in my career. Now I can focus more on myself and my driving than before. We know it's a tough championship, but we have high ambitions and want to fight the title, says Emil.

The Junior-WRC is run by the British Ford Team M-Sport, and all participants drive in identical Ford Fiesta R2T. A new car for Emil, who however, competed a lot in R2 cars earlier. Especially in 2015 when he competed for Opel Motorsport and won the European Championship for Juniors. Emil thinks that the front-wheel drive will fit him well.

– I had a test the in Ford together with Anders Grøndal, and it felt good. So there should be no trouble getting into the car.

Emil and co-driver Ola Fløene have high goals with the season and aim to be in the fight for the title, and to start the season at home, Emil sees an advantage.

– It’s my fourth year running Rally Sweden, and I won the 2015 rally in the R2 class. But it's a tough class with many good drivers, so we are humble about the task, concludes Emil.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Its been a good fight between the two swedes in JWRC. Looks like Rådstøm could beat Bergkvist by a few seconds by the end. But they have swapped for the lead a few times since Friday.

Exiting rally for the R2 gang!

10. Likes: KKS (18th February 2018),Rally Power (19th February 2018)
    Nice fight between Radstrom and Bergkvist, but also for third place between Folb and Tannert. Really pity that this fight was really affected by the late attribution of notional times.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    really surprised by the performance of Torn, didnt expect it...okay, he had a crash but first time on such a big international level and got 3 stage wins and was 3rd before crash.

Great times ahead i hope.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    How did Solans do in RC2?

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    How did Solans do in RC2?

Nothing special (especialle because of time on SS 3) - https://rally-base.com/crew-profile/...Id=1&cupId=209

15. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)