Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Who is going to steal the drive at Williams?

Most of us already have the xmas bird in the freezer and are probably thinking of the different ways to bast the thing for the most supple roast come xmas day. Yet Williams has not publicized their choice of who would be slipping into the seat next to Stroll. The list of who is in the frame depends on whose blog you read. As it stands at the moment, there are five names being thrown around by the media; obviously Kubica and Di Resta, but also Kyvat, Werhlein and Serotkin. So who do you think is most likely to land this very last remaining seat in F1 for the 2018 season?

Kubica - there are obvious doubts
    Di Resta - There is very clear doubt otherwise there would not be a list in the first place
    Kyvat - Very likely as he is the most experienced of the lot in the Hybrid era and is as fast as Ricciado on his day
    Werhlein - Age and experience are more of the problem but very capable and can do an Ocon, Verstapenn, Sainz for Williams
    Serotkin - I don't see Williams fielding two rookies in 2018, hence l don't see this happening
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th December 2017 at 21:22.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Of those, who has the most financial backing? Kvyat I'm guessing. So that would be another point in his favour.
    I guess Wehrlein might come with an engine discount from Mercedes.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Serotkin - I don't see Williams fielding two rookies in 2018, hence l don't see this happening
    Stroll won't be a rookie in 2018...
    But I agree, a Stroll/Sirotkin pairing is probably the least likely...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Kvyat or Di Resta are the only sensible options to me. Kubica at 90% is not enough. Needs to be 99%. I hope either Kvyat or Paul get the drive. Kubica’s time has come and gone.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I would love to see Kubica come back and stun everyone with solid performance like Raikkonen did in 2012 (2012 was so good to Kimi that he did then better than subsequently at Ferrari).

6. Likes: Firstgear (11th December 2017)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Sirotkin reportedly has 15 million to throw in , but as it's said to be from possibly scary Russians , it comes with risk .

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Hope its Kubica or maybe Kvyat .
    Dont rate PdR and when a friend of mine congratulated him on coming 2nd after a hard touring car Race in the GermanTC Race he told him to F Off
    Rob Smedley will work with anybody the board decide on It would be nice to see Williams up in the top 3 where they should be

I think it is a toss up between Kyvat and Werhlein. Werhlein got five points this year in an underpowered Sauber, imagine how he would do in a Williams. Kyvat on the other hand is a sure thing. He would match and better Massa in the Williams. He would certainly deliver whatever most people hope to see from Kubica.

Kyvat coming unto the market has really put the spanners into the Kubica hope of getting the drive at Williams.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    When this was debated after Felipe's first retirement, there was talk that Williams' booze sponsor required a driver over 25. Kvyat and Wehrlein are both under 25 still, and the team still has that sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    When this was debated after Felipe's first retirement, there was talk that Williams' booze sponsor required a driver over 25. Kvyat and Wehrlein are both under 25 still, and the team still has that sponsor.
    There was also talk that there is a work around if Williams retain Di Resta who is over 25 as reserve driver and use him for the promotions and marketing of the booze sponsors which would allow an under 25 driver to take the second seat along side Stroll.
    William Shakespeare