Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    As I suspected , Massa wasn't the mentor he signed up to be , according to Lance .
    Massa has responded with a curt "I shouldn't comment" comment .

It might have been a little fault from both sides , but I never got the impression that Felipe wanted the new boy to get too close to him .

Either way , it points out that it was a tougher road than it looked to be from the outside for the young lad .
    The way Lance spoke , there seems to have been a fair amount of resentment shown at the mere idea of any mentoring having taken place at all .
    That's pretty destabilizing for a new guy , thrown into the deep end with everybody and their uncles saying that they are expecting him to fail because he's just the rich kid .

I think he'll do a lot better without the Mousa pout in the other side of the garage .
    It was a hard situation the Massa - Stroll setup. Massa has to mentor while protecting his F1 legacy. Stroll want to make a reputation for himself by beating the veteran F1 driver Massa. I am sure Stroll started out thinking this was going to be an easy enough job until he discovered that Massa was not that slow as most woulkd like to let on. Hence, l can see that there would be some frustration from the Stroll side of the garage. And also from the Massa side which may suggest why the departure of Massa was abit mysterious but expected.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see them drifting further down the grid to about 7th or 8th if Sauber with a 2018 Ferrari engine recover their mojo and Ericsson drive as well as he did in 2017. Stroll is still wet around the ears.

On day two of test two, Serotkin seem to be struggling to get good pace. He is three seconds from Stroll and five seconds of the best time set on the day. We have to see how he gets along on day three and four. At the mo, not looking good for Williams.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    The fastest Williams Driver at the moment appears to be Kubica...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    The fastest Williams Driver at the moment appears to be Kubica...
    Sirotkin finished as the fastest Williams driver of Test Two. But we know this is not representative of the pecking order between the Williams drivers. But it is comforting to see that he can bang out competitive lap times relative the the other two.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 10th March 2018 at 21:00.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    It may be Kubica who steals the drive in the end , if you listen to Jacques .
    And , though most will say his words are rubbish , he's got a point .
    F1 is "dog eat dog" , as they say .

But , more important at this point , would , in fact , be the ultimate wisdom of making entirely sure that he is ready to go because he may get the call-up if the SMP sponsorship of Sirotkin dries up as a result of the sanction problems .

And , not that I have any particular issue with the Russian driver , but it presents as a dark cloud over the team , especially now , being British .
    So , dropping him would be a patriotic win , at the same time as picking up the great press for a Kubica comeback .
    I would think that when all is said and done , it could refill whatever void is left after an SMP withdrawal .

I'd bet Rosberg is working hard , as I write this , to work out the details to get this done .

As for the car , cooling issues killed it .
    Expect new venting all over it , and a much more representative next race .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It may be Kubica who steals the drive in the end , if you listen to Jacques .
    And , though most will say his words are rubbish , he's got a point .
    F1 is "dog eat dog" , as they say .

But , more important at this point , would , in fact , be the ultimate wisdom of making entirely sure that he is ready to go because he may get the call-up if the SMP sponsorship of Sirotkin dries up as a result of the sanction problems .

And , not that I have any particular issue with the Russian driver , but it presents as a dark cloud over the team , especially now , being British .
    So , dropping him would be a patriotic win , at the same time as picking up the great press for a Kubica comeback .
    I would think that when all is said and done , it could refill whatever void is left after an SMP withdrawal .

I'd bet Rosberg is working hard , as I write this , to work out the details to get this done .

As for the car , cooling issues killed it .
    Expect new venting all over it , and a much more representative next race .
    Whatever the case, it seems to have gone horribly wrong at Williams. Nothing looks right with the team at the moment. The car has issues, the driver pairing is questionable and as much as l like Kubica, it is looking to me like Williams would have benefited from a driver with recent F1 racing experience in the test driver position to help develop the car since their drivers of choice lack the requisite experience.

From Paddy Lowe's perspective, he has failed to deliver by a mile actually. Plum last is not good enough.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    In qualy, Williams is the only team who was slower this year compared to previous one. And it's not a couple of tenths, it is 1,3 seconds. Something is fundamentally wrong.

9. Likes: Tazio (11th April 2018)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I'm not so sure we should blame the drivers for being so Lowe in the standings .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    I blame Jacques for strolling into a certain racers head.
    May the forza be with you