Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
I'm actually cautiously optimistic about Sirotkin. Since he outperformed Kubica at a Williams test, he can't be all that bad... either that or Robert is past it, but in either case, I believe Williams' decision to be correct. Let's see.
If they were not going to go with Kubica, then the handsdown best driver out there (and miles better than either sirotkin or stroll) was Wehrlein. I blame Wolf in this as well since, Pascal is a Mercedes driver and Williams are a mercedes vendor. Wehrlein would have produced some decent results for them given the equipment (or at very worst a bit better than what Massa did) But instead they choose 15m and an average pay driver. They don;t get it. Decent results and more WCC points means a lot more in terms of payout and sponsorship money than a cash infusion of 15m and then toiling around at the back with the Saubers. Oh well. Perhpas it was best that Wehrlein didn't join them and hopefully looks prepared for a mercedes or Force India Seat in 2019 ( if ocon moves )