Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc2 2018

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Going from R2 to R5 for a JWRC/JERC winner is seen as natural progression, but since Tamara won the ladies cup she's seen as not ready yet to make the jump. My point is that I reckon she'd be seen as much more ready to jump to R5 if she'd won a mixed gender championship.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    For me personally, that has nothing to do with it.
    I have seen her drive on tarmac and gravel as well, and I don't think she's ready. Another 2 years and lots of rallies with R2 car and a good, consistent codriver would be much better in my opinion. But I might be wrong, time will tell.

2. Likes: WUff1 (13th January 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts

Gus Greensmith's livery for the season.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    So Suninen is now a RB athlete, hence the livery.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    It would be wonderful for the sport if she could reach the WRC. Best of luck to her.
    why it would be wonderful ?

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    why it would be wonderful ?
    1 She's female so she'd attract female fans. Look at who girls heroworship. Female tennis players, runners, footballers, swimmers, skiers etc. I reckon that the main reason women aren't into motorsports is that there are hardly any female rolemodels so it is associated with being a 'guy's thing'.

2 She's Italian. The Italians love motorsport but for a long time there hasn't been an Italian rally driver fighting for podiums. There is currently also no Italian brand (which is a shame) and that is not going to change any time soon by the looks of it so she'd get the Tifosi back into rallying.

3 Her being a woman would also give the WRC an edge over F1 where there is almost no chance we'll see a female competitor any time soon.

4 It would be fun seeing her battling with her boyfriend Craig Breen

7. Likes: pantealex (14th January 2018),skarderud (13th January 2018),steve.mandzij (13th January 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    wow...

no wonder people consider the west a lost case....

10. Likes: skarderud (13th January 2018),steve.mandzij (13th January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    1 She's female so she'd attract female fans. Look at who girls heroworship. Female tennis players, runners, footballers, swimmers, skiers etc. I reckon that the main reason women aren't into motorsports is that there are hardly any female rolemodels so it is associated with being a 'guy's thing'.

2 She's Italian. The Italians love motorsport but for a long time there hasn't been an Italian rally driver fighting for podiums. There is currently also no Italian brand (which is a shame) and that is not going to change any time soon by the looks of it so she'd get the Tifosi back into rallying.

3 Her being a woman would also give the WRC an edge over F1 where there is almost no chance we'll see a female competitor any time soon.

4 It would be fun seeing her battling with her boyfriend Craig Breen
    lol you serious?

12. Likes: tommeke_B (13th January 2018),WRC1 (13th January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    lol you serious?
    Well, only under the circumstance that she delivers and is competitive. I'm not suggesting she should get a seat just because she is a woman. Assuming she is that good, don't you think I have a point?

14. Likes: steve.mandzij (13th January 2018)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Well, only under the circumstance that she delivers and is competitive. I'm not suggesting she should get a seat just because she is a woman. Assuming she is that good, don't you think I have a point?
    Why would you assume she is "that good"? If you would have followed the results of her events in the past few years you should know she is not "that good". Of course it would be a good thing having a very talented female rally driver, but there hasn't been one since a very long time...

16. Likes: AL14 (13th January 2018)