Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
Flying back and forth between Bolivia and Europe for a 100km's of national rally must be really fun.
What is he or Kalle losing when they start doing WRC rallies soon as they can? They might not be winning the rallies or even finishing top-10 but so what? they get 3 times the kilometers compared to national rallies + experience from the rallies that matter.
Also just like Kalle, Marco is still 17, which ERC rallies they are allowed to take part except Latvia? and they will be both 18 by then.
I will start from the end - for ERC it is same like in WRC, it depends on the championships and national ASNs. So somewhere yes, somewhere no. But now I am talking in basics and I have wrote it many times in the past, you should go step by step from the smaller championships through bigger events to the WRC. I can tell you that national championships or ERC are completely different events than WRC in few terms - mainly it is about mileage between services and length of the stages. Not only for so young drivers it is mainly about experience - in WRC level they are usually fighting with themselves, to stay on the road and finish the rally. But on "smaller" events with shorter distances between services they have more chances that their car survive, they have more chances to play with the setup of cars, they have more chances to learn also other abilities important for rallysport - fighting for overall classification, when everybody is focused to them, have close fights for seconds with adequate rivals etc. It is very similar also in other sports - you can immediatelly start in the highest class, but to be a good driver you need lot of skills (driving, mental etc). And you must learn them somewhere. And I dont think that WRC is the best level for learning this basic skills...