Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 brc

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    PS: No video links?
    This is the best produced (pretty much only...) video I've found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSD_RT3XevE

EDIT: There's a little intro at the start, but it's just pure footage/sound from 1m27s onwards.
    Last edited by the sniper; 2nd May 2018 at 03:24.

Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    So, apparently there was a good fight for the win. Btw, isn’t Yates looking more competitive this year? His pace in Açores was a good surprise.
    The Pirelli was good in that there were different stage winners and changes of lead. Probably the best it could be in that respect .

Losing Bogie early on was a blow and wont help the BRC as he may not continue after losing his points (& Joker).

But the issues with short events, small entries, no manufacturers and no 'big names' leading to poor coverage are still there...

British Rally Championship show -Channel 4 Sunday 6:40 am.

Sunday 6.40am !! This tells you everything about where rallying now is in the UK.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd May 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    This is the best produced (pretty much only...) video I've found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSD_RT3XevE
    Nice video mate; thanks for sharing.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: the sniper (3rd May 2018)
    Rally seeding rules relaxed https://t.co/7OTPE2Nfdq

Historic and two-wheel-drive cars can now run first on the road in rally events thanks to a change of rules made by the @MSAUK. Hopefully it will stimulate the entries of these classes. Great news. https://t.co/vR55NzX9f1

Going back to the Pirelli...

Watched the highlights and although the action was decent the presenters were very ordinary. No real enthusiasm was shown and it was all very flat. Not what is needed to give support and excitement to the Series.

(Saw the crash of Bogie for the first time though... quite nasty.
    Plus those super tight chicanes are ridiculous...)

Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Can't comment, as I haven't watched the highlights yet. However, having them at 06:40 isn't likely to get great figures, most interested people will watch on 'catch up'.
    Also, in this day and age, Highlights are a bit feeble, but needs must I suppose. But there's no doubt that rallying is at a massive disadvantage compared to circuit racing, as they can livestream fairly easily. In an ideal world, both ERC & BRC would have some live action....but that's a long way off I would think.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Grooms Garage - Mid Wales Stages - Announcement.
    After an emergency meeting was called last night, the organisers of the 2018 Grooms Garage are deeply saddened to announce that the event, scheduled for Sunday 27th of May is cancelled.
    Full statement below. https://t.co/1EPnJLNPJw

This was a BRC rally recently and cancelled in 2018 due to lack of entries and volunteers. British rallying is in a sad, sad state.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Lack of marshals is becoming a real problem. The hillclimb I'm doing on Saturday I'll be marshaling and competing because we won't have enough people otherwise.

At least they've revised the stupid 1400/historics rule, but I fear it's too late.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Whilst the focus was on Portugal at the weekend, Rhys Yates had a run out on the Antibes rally and finished a good 7th in the Fabia. Maybe not as many cols in Ypres but good tarmac practice.
    Stages of Antibes and Ypres are in no way comparable. Really not a single thing in common. The asphalt gives a lot of grip in Antibes and no grip in Ypres. Antibes has mountain stages which are slow and have many long medium speed corners. Ypres has got a lot of quick corners with big cuts and big braking zones into tight junctions.
    I don't think you can learn anything in Antibes in preparation for Ypres...