Thread: 2018 brc

Liked 253 Times in 154 Posts

2018 brc

2018 Calendar
    https://www.msabrc.com/news/2018-pre...dar-announced/

what can we ecpect of international participation on the Autosport Island next year?
    Last edited by Sulland; 20th November 2017 at 23:55.
    www.Rallye-info.com

Liked 453 Times in 211 Posts
    Hopefully Ahlin and Kalle

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 125 Times in 81 Posts
    I'm hoping for stability at least. After the re-launch of the BRC, last year even with the inclusion of Ypres saw a drop off in numbers rather than growth with none of the hoped for "over seas" crews. Even the Irish were less obvious. The chopping and changing of the rallies themselves, the problems on the Manx and the general lack of "noise" around the championship all of these factors IMO were a backwards step. Hopefully lessons will have been learned that all the back slapping was a bit premature and we will see 2018 approached with new aggression.

Liked 1,573 Times in 691 Posts
    Not really got high hopes to be honest. Hopefully the shorter calendar, plus GB finale, will ensure at least the entries we do get remain throughout the season.

With Dmack rolling back their WRC commitments I wonder whether they'd be open to a BRC return? Not really heard too many rumours beyond Kalle - but the amount of WRC clashes is troublesome in that regard. Not really sure what Ahlin has to gain by doing another year of BRC either.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

5. Likes: AndyRAC (21st November 2017)
    Liked 400 Times in 232 Posts
    I'm not overly optimistic to be honest. Instead of progressing, it looks like the opposite could happen. They need to organise the calendar better; no clashes with the WRC is a priority.
    And, really, a BRC round need to be an 'event' - not a local club event jumping up to the BRC. They need to improve the promotion massively; it's nowhere near were it needs to be.
    We're now in year three; time to move on.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

7. Likes: the sniper (Yesterday)
    M-Sport WRC Champions '17 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,510 Times in 1,895 Posts
    Pity the rumoured season for Kalle Rovanperä in BRC with M-Sport hasnt happened. Suppose it cant compete with a WRC2 factory drive...

Liked 125 Times in 81 Posts
    British rallycross already using social media to talk up new cars and drivers for 2018 but the silence from the premier rally championship is deafening. They will argue I guess that "lots of exciting news" will come out at the NEC in January however the series needs some renewed impetus...