Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 brc

Liked 824 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    I can't find the live results page of the Border Counties Rally that should have started right now
    It has been cancelled..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 297 Times in 209 Posts
    Oh no

Thanks for the info Mousti...

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    It has been cancelled..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Postponed actually. They hope to find a new date later in the calendar.

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Sensible decision, but the event only had 5/6 R5 cars, and originally cancelled a day of action. Whether they can get a new date is debatable; as I think that's 3 gravel events trying to reschedule for later in the year.

As for the BRC, there need to be another discussion on what it's meant to be. BTCC, BSB, British GT all have healthy entries and good series, so why is rallying the poor relation?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

I'd say here in the UK we are a unique case.

Despite having 2 WRC drivers, a WRC event, which pulled in massive crowds - we're actually almost a rallying backwater. Remember the IRC Scottish Rally that ran for only 3 years? Very few home drivers bothered to enter. Why?

The BTRDA is a nice national club series, but surely people want to do more than a 45 mile event? Or do they? We once had the BTRDA, then the ANCRO which were about 60-70 miles events, and then the BRC which were 120+ miles.

Yes, motorsport is expensive, but other British motorsport series seem to manage, so what is why can't rallying? Is it lack of sponsors due to poor media coverage, etc

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (25th March 2018)
    Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    I am not following BRC so close, but from my point of view as person from outside - BRC should more focus to be a national championship, not international. Not so much try to bring foreign drivers or organising foreign event abroad, but focus on persuading drivers from all parts of United Kingdom and Ireland to do that championship.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (14th March 2018),the sniper (14th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not following BRC so close, but from my point of view as person from outside - BRC should more focus to be a national championship, not international. Not so much try to bring foreign drivers or organising foreign event abroad, but focus on persuading drivers from all parts of United Kingdom and Ireland to do that championship.
    Exactly! Which is what the other UK motorsport series are like - and they are a success. It should be showcase for the sport in the UK.

Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    They can make strong national championship with good international crews, like it was in the history. But now they should primary focus on local drivers, grow their interest, show them that they should be interested to do the championship, that it has great value. Go step by step. It is same like with drivers career - you should go from smaller cars and smaller championships to WRC. There is not so many drivers who started immediatelly in WRC (or ERC) and succeed...

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    I think perhaps the BRC was let to go too far down, in fact so far down that it disappeared. The re-launch was, in hindsight, a false dawn.

Everyone hoping it was going to go on to great things but in fact if we are honest we were just kidding ourselves.

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic but I dont think its looking good for the future with the failure of some events to happen, organisers getting older and retiring, a lack of marshals and very low key media interest.
    #M-SPORTER

Both Malcolm Wilson & Border Counties now pulled.......not good, all the time and hard work by volunteers - gone! I'm particularly angry about the MW, as they had help from other events, and seemed to have a date/ dates - but the North Lakes forestry wouldn't allow access. Poor...is one day really too much to ask?