Hybrid View

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    I'd prefer to see Peugeot replace Citroen in the WRC; Peugeot now have some nice performance cars, especially the 308 GTi. Citroen have done very little (apart from a DS3 Racing) in regards to performance cars during their WRC programme; an absolute waste.

As for RallyGB, well it's one step forwards, and two steps back. Traditionally a late autumn/ early winter event, it's now early October, and seemingly will have no night stages this year. It's meant to be a tough test for the crews; it's all well and good benefitting from the 'closed roads', but if you make a less challenging route, then is it really worth it?
    I agree with an earlier poster who would like to see Thursday night stages, which are possibly repeated on the Sunday. I'd also like to see to long days on the Friday & Saturday.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: Sanremo (8th February 2018)
    Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I'd prefer to see Peugeot replace Citroen in the WRC; Peugeot now have some nice performance cars, especially the 308 GTi. Citroen have done very little (apart from a DS3 Racing) in regards to performance cars during their WRC programme; an absolute waste.

As for RallyGB, well it's one step forwards, and two steps back. Traditionally a late autumn/ early winter event, it's now early October, and seemingly will have no night stages this year. It's meant to be a tough test for the crews; it's all well and good benefitting from the 'closed roads', but if you make a less challenging route, then is it really worth it?
    I agree with an earlier poster who would like to see Thursday night stages, which are possibly repeated on the Sunday. I'd also like to see to long days on the Friday & Saturday.
    As far as I'm concerned, the decision to move the event to early October could be a major downside since the probable lack of muddy/foggy conditions like in 2012 (even if at the time it was held in September). Fixed or similar calendar slots should be granted to rounds whose challenging nature is defined by weather conditions (Monte Carlo, GB,...). This way it would be more likely to have the proper conditions.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (8th February 2018)